best spinning reel for powerpro

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cathunter600, Oct 16, 2008.

1. cathunter600

cathunter600 New Member

State:
    alabama
    What is the best spinning reel to put on powerpro braided line.

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I dont use power pro, I use daiwa saltiga which is a better braid than powerpro. I put it on shimano baitrunners in the 4500B and 6500B size. These reels have been loaded with this 120# braid for almost two years and I havent had a single problem. The baitrunner feature is strong enough to use no matter what current you are in, can be set very light or very hard. You wont get a better spinning reel for the money PERIOD!! I have about ten yards of mono on the bottom of the spool to prevent slipage with a double uni tying them together.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I like braided superline on spinning reels, but I don't buy a reel to suit the line; I buy a reel because it has the size, ruggedness, and so forth that I want in a reel. The only difference between braided and mono in choosing a reel is that a reel might not hold enough mono, or couldn't cast heavy test mono, whereas the same reel will hold much more braided line, and it will cast much better.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I think you will like the Shimano 6500 baitrunner. Its about $109 dollars new

5. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I would match the line to the reel,not reel to line. But I always use pp 65 on spinning reels.

6. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    if you dont have alot of money go to cabella.com and check out there kat poles they are reasonable markj bought me one cause im poor he is so nice