Best shore fishing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by georgiamike, Sep 18, 2006.

1. georgiamike

georgiamike New Member

State:
    Texas
    I live in little elm and am new to texas. Have been fishing from the lewisville barge with no luck for cats. Would like to try some other spots at lake lewisville or other lakes in the area. i So what are your suggestions for shore fishing?

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ok, heres my two cents, being from nebraska. If the cats arent hitting, what I do is chum the area Im going to be fishing. There are alot of recipes to make your own cheap shum here on the BOC.
    Also, what I learned along time ago, is when you do catch fish and take them home and clean them, what Ive seen done is taking the guts, the heads and the endtrails and put them in a 5 gallon bucket, with a GOOD lid. Bury that bucket in the ground, covering it completely. After several fishing trips, and you keep adding to that bucket, eventually youre going to take it to your favorite fishing spot. The night before you fish you take that bucket, and poke about a dozen holes in the bottom of that bucket, tie a rope to the handle and toss it in the lake, tieng the other end to a tree, or a steel steak. The next day when you are ready to fish, be prepared! Pretty much every big fish in that lake will be close and ready to hit your bait.

Kenny

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Wouldnt it attract land animals also? Im sure that would stink to high heaven

4. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Yeah, its gonna stink REALLY BAD!:lol: And as long as you have that bucket completely under water, I dont think it will be a problem with land critters, with the exceptions of coons. Thats why I suggest ou tie it off to a tree, or a steel steak. Also make sure you get that bucket out when your done fishin, no sense in polluting the water with a plastic bucket. I did forget to mention that turtles will be around, more than before. But the big predator fish will have moved in and be ready for bait.