Best Rod Holder For The Money

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by Gordhawk, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just wanted to get some opinions, on what the best rod holders are for the money. I'm wanting to buy some to put in my boat,but can't decide on which one to get. I've used the Cabela's Quick Draws in my buddies boat,and like them,but have been looking at the Drift Masters too! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Glenn

2. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    www.beereadys.com these are the best on the market. tried most of them already. been using these 4 years now

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I also have the BeeReadys. I got them from Tim Hagan (member and sponsor here) .. He hooked me up with a schweet!!! Deal on them.. PM him and he can do the same for ya...

4. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I've tried several different types like the Beeready and driftmasters but for all types of fishing like anchored or drifting I don't think you can beat the Scotty rod holder, it adjusts to all angles and the rod can be locked in the holder when needed to be. I have Scotty's on two of my boats and driftmasters all around on my SeaArk so I could have the bases welded to the top of the gunwale.

5. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    well i just ordered the one that goes on a 5 gal. bucket for 18 dollars hope its a goodun:smile2:

6. brent

brent New Member

State:
    texas
    that one is great for bank crappie fishin. i get minnows in a bag then fill it w/ water to weigh it down and keep my ninnows in it. for bank catfishing i keep my gear in it for weight instead of carrying tackle box.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I've used Driftmasters for 5 years now, and wouldn't consider any other rod holders. I've had a 60lb blue double a rod over with the drag screaming-the rod holder didn't budge. One of my fishing buddies had a rod broken in the holder when a 40lb blue hit and screamed down river, and again the rod holder held true.

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    There are rod holders and then there are driftmasters.

9. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    where can you get driftmasters? anyone that is a sponsor here have them?

10. TShepherd

TShepherd New Member

State:
    Ft Belvoir, Virginia
    driftmaster all the way. Get the Duo Pro. You can use them for straight down rods or trolling with your rods parallel to the water or you can use them angled up to I believe 30 degrees.

11. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Tufffish,
    Go to www.driftmaster.com and you'll find what you need. Cabela's has them too. I just ordered 10 Lil Duo holders and bases for my new CC boat. The company is based out of a small town near Santee Cooper called Manning, SC. Like Crazy said, there are rod holders, then there are Driftmasters!! Good Luck.

12. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Driftmaster's all the way.

They are sturdy, have various mounting options, and various styles of holders, and they are affordable.

I have owned many, and built my own, and I wish I had just purchased these in the beginning.

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would like to thank each and every one of you for your input on the rod holders. I have not bought any yet,but I'm thinking about making a trip to the Bass Pro Shop in Columbia,Mo,on Monday. I think I'm either going to go with Drift Masters or one made by Berkley. I kinda have to be careful what I buy,because the new drift rods I bought this winter have large handles,and won't fit in all rod holders. I reason I mentioned Drift Masters and the one made by Berkley is that I know the rods I have will fit in those two.
    Again,Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread.
    Glenn

14. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Glenn, another option could be the down-east rod holders. I have them on my pontoon boat and love em because you can grab the rod straight up out of the holder and they are released. Another good thing is that they're cast metal and really hold up to abuse. Wal-Mart has them for about $18.00

15. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I had just rigged my boat with rod holders. I went with the Berkly holders and also looked at the Scottys. The Berkly holders had brackets that were not as bulky as the Scottys (lower profile). Though I had checked to see if the Scottys would fit in the Berkly bracket and they do. Scottys appeared to take a larger rod handle though all my current rods fit the Berkley. Gander mountain has either brand for 14.99 .

16. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    hey guys, it would be nice to our sponsors if we use their equipment when possible. it sure makes it nice to see boats outfitted with equipment from the good ol usa. it also helps out our fishing buddies with a little income that doesn't go to china and whereever. if it's only a dollar or two try the local guy and help out our fishing buds. you might even be surprised that they fit your needs better than you thought.