Best Rivers?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by SmokinBarrel, Dec 15, 2009.

Choose only 3 of the following Choices...

1. Ohio River

2. Tennessee River

3. Old Hickory River

4. Missouri River

5. Mississippi River

6. Illinois River

7. Osage River

8. Cumberland River

9. Iowa River

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    After visiting Tennessee & Kentucky, I got to see the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers, as well as others. And I was wondering how people would rate rivers based on fishing, keeping in mind these aspects as you make you choices:

1. Size of River
    2. Good Blue Catfishing
    3. Reputation

You can make or pick three (multiple) answers/choices only. I know it will be difficult to limit yourself to 3, because they are all good to excellent. But, there has to be several stand outs.

Also, I know some people have fished only locally, so you'll naturally be biased. If this is the case I ask that you only choose 1 or 2. If you've fished many different rivers through tournaments, then choose up to 3.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    As far as rivers I voted the Missouri

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I never really fished the others so I went with my home waters and pick the Mighty Miss.. The Mo river also put out some hogs

My avatar is a nice shot of the Mo. river

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    the tenn river, ohio, and the ole miss, seem to be the kings in the midwest. which one is the best? that would be hard to say , all are good

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tennessee River Hands down
    Ohio River
    Mississippi River

6. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
  7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I was forced to vote for my two home rivers. I didnt do well in the Ohio. I have fished the Cumberland and caught fish the first time. Got skunked on the Illinois.

8. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    Is there any points for the miss holding the world record? I think that says alot. :roll_eyes: I only voted once. Miss.

9. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    The Mighty Mississippi takes the cake, I mean just look at the huge fish that come out of that river. The Ohio is my home waters, so i am partial, and it is a good fishery. I selected the Missouri river as my third just because of total hearsay, although it was hard because hearsay says that the Tennessee River is a phenomenal fishery as well. :roll_eyes:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Its my own personal opinion that the next All Tackle World Record will come off the Tennessee River Chain through Alabama. Could be any of those lakes. Guntersville, Nickajack, Chicamauga, Wheeler, Wilson, Pickwick. Phenomenal Fisheries. I love the sippi, and it has its share of hogs, but if someone said, you have the rest of your life to catch a World Record, I'd be in Northern Bama :wink:

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I voted Mississippi, but I think the next world record will come from the James River. They are growing like weeds over there. They have beaten the state record I think twice this year with two fish over 100 lbs. One of these days I will go fish it. I do believe that there are world records in the Miss and TN rivers as well. I just think the next one will come from the James.

12. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I've only fished the Illinois river and Mississippi river. So I voted for the Mississippi.

13. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I,ve never fished some of the rivers listed, but I don't believe the Iowa river has blues in it only flats and channels. I voted the Miss and the Missouri because of what u guys get on the Miss and there is always a 90 caught every year around Omaha, And its not even a blue factory like it is in Missouri. But I think Ryan is right the James should be in there. But best rivers I think The red in Canada is by far the best river even kids can boat 2 or 3 hundred pounds a fish a day.

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't give up on the Mississippi. The current world record came out of it and I believe Radish beat it on the 'sippi but didn't weigh it.

It's a BIG river, just has to be some World Record blue cats swimming in it.

15. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    i like the unknow river that are just being picked up by major tourneys...my home lake is one of the rivers.. chattahoochee river which boarders alabama and geargia has some of the best fishing in our area....but just from the list above , i would have to say tenn. river

16. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish the Tennessee and Mississippi Rivers and would think my chances of catching a record will be better in the big ole mississippi. Although I have had more than one hooked up that I absolutely couldn't do anything with in both places:cool2:. I fish the Kentucky lake impoundment of the Tenn and unfortunately haven't spent any time to speak of on the other Tenn impoundments. I will say that the wheeler and wilson lakes put out unbeleivable wieghts. I am talking multible big fish on single outings.

17. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I know for a fact that the missouri has a few world flatheads in it...i have seen some like 120 lbers ilegally snagged intentionally:angry::angry::angry: and it is illegal to snag in the missouri in iowa:confused2::confused2:...But i voted the mizzo since it is the only river i have fished on the poll...I cant wait to get to the ohio some day:roll_eyes:and for sure i will get to the mighty mississippi!!!cant wait!!!:roll_eyes:

18. catmstr

catmstr Member

State:
    nc
    1. james 2. james 3. james

19. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think The James in VA has to be on this list.

20. Jerry Cline

Jerry Cline New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with you Nanner noooo!!!! place like northern bama for blue fishing!!!!