Best rig to fish the river?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CJ21, Dec 5, 2006.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering whats the best rig, to fish the river? slip float, three way rig, or egg sinker rig?

2. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Brother Charles,This is the Rig I use at the River or lake............

Attached Files:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thats about what I use just not as heavy a leader for me. I just started using the no rol sinkers an they work great. before that I was using egg sinkers rigged the same way.

4. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I still use the egg sinkers. They work OK.

5. P. nasuta

P. nasuta New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hi CJ21,

I tend to use a standard three-way rig with the sinker being the terminal point. Usually the sinker is about 18-24 inches lower than the hook leader.

I make this set up by tying the sinker at the end of the line, then moving up the line 18-24 inches. I tie a loop (10-12 inches long) in the line using a triple surgens knot. I attach the hook to the loop with the standard "loop through the eye" method.

This seems to work well in the river I fish.

If the bite is light I will use an egg sinker, so the fish can take the bait without feeling any resistance.

Take Care,
    John

6. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I use a plain old slip rig

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I use the carolina rig as shown before with a no roll sinker when anchored but I use a texas rig when drifting with a slinky sinker on the bottom.

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I like to keep my bait off the bottom, personal preference. I will use one swivel followed by a long line about 4feet or better and use about three feet to the weight and the rest off the swivel to a tru turn or circle hook. I like the no role weights but will use whatever is handy in a pinch.