Best Punch/Dip Bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Gibbzilla, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Who would y'all consider is making the best product out right now? I've heard Danny King's has gotten worse in quality since he sold his company and I'm looking for something I can catch a limit with.

2. farmer

farmer Member

State:
    Osceola, MO

3. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Personally Sonnys Blood Formula and Team Catfish Secret 7 works without fail for me.

4. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    The Secret 7 dip bait is hard to beat right now. You can get it from www.teamcatfish.com . It has been outfishing several other baits on my boat for the past several months. The past 4 trips have produced 75 keepers (three man limit), 83 keepers (4 guys), 25 keepers (one-man limit), and 39 keepers for a father and son. About 90% of these fish came on Secret 7. We start out fishing with several baits on 6 to 10 rods. If the fish prefer one bait over another, I'll switch to the preferred bait to fill the box as quickly as possible.

5. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I just ordered some Secret-7 from their website this morning. It will have to be pretty good to beat Sonny's Original in my local lake, but with all the buzz, I thought I'd give it a try. Also ordered the Dead Red blood spray to try on used up cut bait; hopefully I'll have positive results with both. I was reluctant to put much faith in spray scents until the day I was out bass fishing and juiced up a bass worm with bass attractant just before I caught a 31" channel cat on it, I think there might be something to them.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I dont have much luck with the dip/punch baits.I used danny kings 2 whole summers and not even a nibble.The only ones ive had any luck with is premos super sticky and magic bait crawdad flavor,other then that i normally come up empty handed when using that type of bait.

7. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Hey bobby you should try Sonny's blood bait and the Secret 7 side by side. Id like to hear the results!!!

8. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Calvin,
    If Sonny's is willing to send me some bait, I'd be willing to give it a good comparison. I've fished with a lot of different prepared baits and have yet to find one the fish will hit and eat as agressively as Secret 7.

9. Redneck1

Redneck1 Guest

I don't fish with prepared baits much anymore, but when I did I really liked "Rusty's Sponge" dip bait. The catfish would swallow this bait before it hit bottom.

10. jlwhite405

jlwhite405 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    has anyone ever tried putting a dip worm on a circle or khale hook? i tried some last summer but used bass tubes. if you get the tubes that have lots or ridges on them, they seem to hold the dip bait pretty good. Just wondering if anyone else had tried it and how it worked for them.

11. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    I experimented a bit with Secret 7 on a sponge with a circle hook. The fish still swalowed the bait so deep you couldn't see the sponge or hook.

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Rusty's or Secret 7.I just used 7 for the first time,and got bit when no one else did.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Me and Big Sam have fished Danny Kings for years. We have been testing the secret 7 along with Danny Kings. The secret 7 has not only out caught the DK's but the bites are a lot more agressive on the secret 7.

14. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Yep, I followed the advice of the Catfish Insider magazine last spring and got some 1/0 circle hooks for dip worms. They do work. If I am fishing two rigs with dip bait I will put one circle hook rig in a rod holder and fish one treble hook rig on the rod that I am holding. I have found that the fish will sometimes run the bait to the end of the slack in the line and spit it without getting hooked with the circle, but other times it works as it should and I get a hook set in the corner of the mouth. With the treble, about half or more of the time the fish swallows the bait and the hook is too deep to get out, so if I wasn't keeping the fish I was catching, that would be a bad hook to use. I seem to catch more of the fish that bite with the treble though because when I see the line start to run I cross their eyes.

15. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Bobby Catfishing- Ill have to see what it cost to send some to you UPS. A jar of it only cost 4 dollars so ill send you one if UPS is only 10 dollars or so. What kind of texture is the Secret 7? We use dip tubes for the Sonny's. I've had better luck with J&N Dipbait worms than anything else. It's probably 130 degrees down where you fishing, (lol) so it would be better if you kept the jar of Sonny's in a cooler. Always works pretty good for me.

16. bobby-catfishing

State:
    Highland Villag
    Calvin,
    The Secret 7 is a very smooth textured and VERY sticky dip bait. I fish it on a dip tube mainly. It also works on a sponge or a combination of the two along with their Furry Thang bait holders. You're not far off on the 130 degrees. We are right at 100 as I'm typing. When it's this hot on the water I'll keep some bait on ice and swap containers out as it heats up. If you're serious about sending some bait I'll PM you my address.

Thanks,
    Bobby

17. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've had really good sucess with the DK's but just recently, I sent them $$$ for an order and have yet to recieve it :angry:. I've called the phone # on the container & all I get is a message that says, "Becky Chrisman's voice mail is full & cannot accept any more messages":angry:. A time or two I've been able to leave a message but haven't received a return call either.

I will be ordering some Secret 7 here shortly:wink:

18. Catfish_Calvin

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    You can go ahead and send me your address. Ill send it to you within the next week.

19. elizabuilt

elizabuilt New Member

State:
    Norton, OH
    I have done well with Bowker's. My 12 year old cousin left some in my boat. I used it on just a 1/2 square sponge, and let it float on top and caught both the fish on my avatar with it. One was 27" the other was 23". I put both of those fish in my pond, but never tried to catch them again. I also make some dip bait with a pork fat base that works well when the water temp is low. It gets too thin this time of year I need to find something to thicken it up with. I think I'll try the secret 7. The cat in the pic was also caught with bowkers.

Attached Files:

20. clintok

clintok New Member

State:
    oklahome
    you know it worked real good for me, all those slabs I cought!:cool2: