Best Punch-Dip Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by strictly catfish, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I was hoping some of the Brothers on the B.O.C. could give me some advice on the best Dip-Punch bait out there right now.
    Please leave contact info to purchace the bait .
    Thank you for your time.

sTRICTLY Catfish

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    One of the Best Dip/Stink Bait that I ever used was "Junnie's Wicked Sticky". Almost all of the Catfish that I have in my profile & photos were victims to it. (LoL)
    :0a23:
    :wink:

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
  4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    My favorite dip bait is Sonny's Blood formula. I have heard many good things about the Secret 7, but have not used it yet. I have compared the Sonny's Blood to many others and most of the time it has outfished the others 4 to 1. I compared them on 2 rods, side by side, same depth under the boat. I feel that the comparison was fair.

5. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I haven't used too many baits like these. I have caught a couple on Danny Kings. After watching the videos and reading all the testimonials on secret 7, I ordered some. I got a notice in my mailbox that it's at the Post Office. I'm going to pick it up today and hopefully get to try it out Friday or Saturday.

6. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Joey, I have not had a whole lot of success with the dip baits this time of year. Let me know how it works out. But when the water warms in the spring and summer look out. Most of the time I can only keep up with one rod.

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Dip bait my vote is sonnies .

Punch bait my vote is danny kings .

8. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Yeah, I know it will do much better when Spring gets here..... I just can't sit on it til then though.... I think i'll have to bait one rod with it along with my shad and goldfish, just to see if it has any winter power. I just picked it up from the post office. It's definitely got a strong smell.

9. Thank's everyone for the feedback.
    I will put the knowledge to good use.

sTRICTLY Catfish

10. Where can I find Sonny's Blood Formula?
    Thank you.

sTRICTLY Catfish

11. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  12. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Secret-7 hands down.

Compaired it side by side with about everything on the market and Secret-7 won everytime.

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I have been hearing some good things about that "Secret 7 Dip Bait" - I may have to give it a try this year.
    :0a23:
    But then again, I go buy the old saying "If it ain't broke -Don't try to fix it"
    (but what the heck :0a14:)
    :wink:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I like Danny kings original and their blood.

15. Where can I find Sonny's, J Pigs or Marvs.
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou very much.

sTRICTLY Catfish

16. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    i would have to agree, allways had best luck on Sonny's, we just use shrimp and take the outer shell of the shrimp off and dip and throw. I havnt used secret 7 but we try to have a varity of bait out in the water to see what there hungry for so Im sure we'll be giving it a try. Here you can find the sonnys at Big R or just about any bait shop around here, Gander mountin in Indiana has it, or you can get it off the web, just type in sonnys bait. good luck

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Catfish connection dot com :wink:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have had great luck on Catfish Charlies (Shad), Sonnys (Blood), Wicked Stickey, and have ordered and received the Secret 7. I have found that the fish will react to different dip baits on different days. My first choice is live our cut baits but will always have these dip baits with me on each trip.

19. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dip bait hands down #1 is Hog Wild

Punch bait is Danny Kings Blood, Iv never got anything over 10 lbs on stink bait but it is Wonderful for Eaters.:cool2:

20. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Well so far, my favorite punch bait would be the Danny King's blood formula. To be quite honest I think the punch bait is a lot more user friendly than dip bait IMO. Since I heard so many good reports on the Secret 7 I ordered some & am waiting for the weather to warm to give it a fair shot.

NOW as far as customer service goes I'll give Secret 7 THE BIG THUMBS UP:wink:. I ordered the bait over a holiday weekend, actually talked to a real person, whom I might add was very friendly & professional & then received the order in only a few days:wink:.

HOWEVER, Last year I placed an order with DK's, sent them a money order, NEVER received it, NEVER was able to talk to anyone, NEVER received a return call from the MULTIPLE voice mails that I left. customer service there SUCKS:crazy:. The only thing good about them is the bait, which I was able to obtain @ Gander Mountain, since they opened up a store nearby me.