Best primary flathead information source

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by shellerflat, Jan 4, 2008.

1. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I know that this site has a lot of good information on it to help everyone improve thier fishing techniques. This is a general question, what do yall consider the bes

2. shellerflat

shellerflat New Member

State:
    north carolina
    what do yall consider the best primary source of information that will help learn the most from?

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the best source or way to learn, besides listening to everyone else..is take the knowledge you gain, and read about...and go yourself...the best source or way to learn is yourself on the water. you have to go through the trial and error end of it...goodluck..rollo

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Not to sound like I'm pushing the BOC, but I really think this site is the best source of real information on flathead fishing there is. Almost all of the cat articles in the mainstream fishing magazines are written by writers, who were told to produce a story on cats. (There are a few exceptions, but just a few). The folks on here are honest-to-goodness fishermen from every corner of the country with years and years of experience in every sort of environment.

That being said, Catfish Insider and Catfish Gold are both worth a read. INsider is more polished and Gold is closer to the heartland, so to speak.

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I havn't found any other place that gives me anything new. This is the best I've found.

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL

I agree. Its a combination of this Site, info from local fishermen, and Time on the water...

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think it's a combination of things...This site has a whole lot of info from very good flathead fishermen...Also time on the water and just trial and error.

9. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    No surprises here...experience is the best teacher, followed by good info. from guys who are more experienced.

Shawn