BEST PRICES IN MIDDLE GA

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by CATCHARMER, Nov 25, 2008.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    where are the best prices in the macon, perry ,forsyth area for tackle rods , reels, hooks , sinkers, line etc. bass pro has the largest selection but not the best price.

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    the basspro in macon actually has a warehouse in the very back with refurbished and returned goods. You have to look around good back there, nothiing is advertised, and the woman at the counter doesn't really know what they all have. My first time I went in there I walked out with two Abu 7000's for $90 each which retailed for around $150......and two catmaxx med/heavy rods for about $20 each, which retail around $50 each. As far as weights and all that I try to find deals on ebay, but for rods/ reels that warehouse is hard to beat.

3. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    the reels in the back i have looked at them. do they have a warranty?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is some very valuable info about the refurbished warehouse, I was not aware of this opportunity

5. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    they have reels, rods, a small shoe area, lures, trolling motors all kind of stuff. if you have never been its worth going.

6. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I'm not sure about a warranty? I look for the garcia 7000's, usually when i go they atleast have one back there. In my opinion Abu garcia and penn reels don't need a warranty with just a lil bit of upkeep. They do have a bunch junk reels back there that I wouldn't mess with.

7. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i was looking at a 6000 and as turned the handle it sounded like it was grinding. it felt like sand was in the gears. i am looking for a reel to put on an ugly stick catfish rod i bought there.