Best pound 4 pound?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 1, 2009.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well who is it? I got in mind a couple front runners. Lyoto Machida, A Silva and Fedor Emelianko. Im dropping Silva out of it because of his two losses by submission. Id have to give it to machida just because he seems so crisp with everything he does, that and Ive seen fedor knocked silly even though he still finds some way to win. I havent seen much of machida but what I have is awesome. Machida best P4P?

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Id have ot give it to Fedor first and Andersen Silva second then GSP third. Reason being...Fedor has been knocked around good a few times and was able to shake it off and come back to win anyway...Both Silva and GSP both have come back from losses to be champs...alot of guys get that first loss by KO or submission and never make it back...Machida has yet to face that type of test...

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    right now i'd say fedor. he's just a tank and seems unstopable. of course age catches up with everyone and if dana white doesn't get him in the ufc soon we'll never see the matchups we want. fedor vs mir or fedor vs lesnar. those would be interesting matches there. by the way kimbo slice will be on the upcoming tuf series. all hevyweights and no fights to get in the house. evans and rampage are coaches this season.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    What the.....?!?!?:crazy: i Thought that Dana White couldnt stand the guy! I guess he'll draw some ratings!:smile2:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah...what a sellout! I can't believe that Dana is letting him even try out for UFC. Oh well, it's always fun to see Kimbo get whooped!

Best pound for pound? GSP. He's a phenom. He could use some help in the power department, but his technique has made up for what he lacks in power.

6. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    Also heard some rumors theres going to be 4 former nfl players, Marcus Jones, Matt Mitrione, Brendan Schaub and Wes Shivers. Im looking forward to next season already!

My hats off to kimbo though to take this road. He could easily become the next bob sapp in japan and make big money. Seems he wants to be legit mma and is doing what he needs to to get there.

7. derbycitycatman

State:
    Kentucky
    After listening to kimbo's interview Im not sure about his wanting to learn mma. I dont know if he didnt want to go to japan or they didnt want him. Bout the only thing he said was he needs to eat, not much about mma or improving.:sad2:

8. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i think the best pound 4 pound fighter is Frank Mir. hell just look back at his fight with Brock Lesner, he was outweighed by quite a few pounds, took a helluva beatin and still came back to win the fight, hes good on his feet but i think hes the best on the ground.

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kimbo is WAY overrated. He wants to make money...and that is a good motivator, but a fighter just wants to fight, and a champion will do whatever it takes to win. I don't see Kimbo doing what it takes to even be competitive. He will get slaughtered. Think he could beat Lesnar, or Mir, or Noguerra? I'm saddened by this blatant publicity stunt by Dana. It may not be so obvious if it weren't for the commercials already. I figured after that last fight, Kimbo would just drink himself to death, but apparently not.

10. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    In my opinion, Frank Mir has one of the best submission games in the heavyweight division the UFC has ever seen. he can hurt anyone from his guard and if he gets a mount, its pretty much over...

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know he's not the best....but my favorite is the "ICEMAN".

12. mattr

mattr New Member

State:
    PA
    Best pound for pound is a toss up really between St Pierre, Lyoto Machida, and Anderson Silva....

I would say it goes in this order, Pierre, Silva, Machida.... I would have Silva first, however his last few fights haven't been the dominating performances we are used to seeing.... He is fighting more to not lose at this point rather than fighting to win....

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    GSP!
    GSP!
    GSP!

He may be one of the smaller guys but he has been impressive in his last few fights. You can't say the same about Silva and Machida's style is just not pleasing to me, he is boring to se fight and that alone does not make him a great fighter in my book. I like brawlers who are not afraid to get hit, Machida isn't one of them.