Best places to pig out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I saw on TV today, the top 10 best places in America to pig out. #1 was Lambert's in Sikeston Missouri. "Home of the throwed rolls". Anyone ever been there?

2. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Have not been there. A couple of local places by me are Golden Corral and Great American Buffet. Both places have really good food, and no excuses not to pig out.

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Been to Lamberts a few times, a good place to eat. After you order your main dish they keep coming around with side dishes of just about anything that you can imagine. And they will through the rolls all the way across the room.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Never heard of Lamberts but it sounds like a fun place and may need to take a baseball glove ahh I mean a roll glove lol. My favorite place to pig out is here at home lol.

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I've been to Lambert's

As far as over eating goes there was a life lesson on TLC that said a buffett is not a challenge. LOL :big_smile:

6. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I recomend their burgers.....they're awesome.

-Red

7. Fellows if your ever down on the Tombigbee River in Choctaw County, AL I got the place.

Ezell's Fish Camp

On AL10 at the river bridge in Lavaca. Turn north just past the bridge on the Choctaw county side. Follow the road to the riverbank. The old log structure is Ezell's which has been in business since 1943. Get the platter which has fried catfish, fried and boiled shrimp, fried froglegs, and crawfish. Your meal comes with all you can eat coleslaw (Ezell's coleslaw is as famous if not more so than their catfish). Be sure to order a plate of fried dill pickles while your there.
    All y'all catfish folks are sure to enjoy yourselves as it over looks one of the great catfish rivers of the south plus the building is slap full of hunting trophies from the last century deer, turkey, hogs old photos and the state and former world record 111lb blue catfish.

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Never been there but it sounds good.
    I love to eat at the best cajun places in Lake Charles, La.
    Most of the hole in the wall places there are the best to pig out in and the boudan just can't be beat, a good seafood gumbo and jumbalia is more than most people can eat,,,,just love that cajun food. :big_smile: :big_smile:

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    My favorite place would have to be a place called "Claim Jumpers". You get more food there than anywhere else I have ever been. We also just got a place here called "Famous Dave's". I really love the catfish they serve.

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana

I agree you can't beat cajun food when it's done right and there is some great places in South Louisiana...

11. Fill us in on the places to get good cajun eating. I've always said that if I had to be something other than an Alabama redneck I'd be a (not sure if I should say it LOL) just for the food alone. I love cajun cooking.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    One of my favorites when I was in Atlanta (1971-1979) was Mrs. B's where you could get all the catfish or chicken you could eat for $5.25. Anyone know if it is still there?

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Don't go to Lamberts on a Saturday. We were staying at Branson, drove over towards Springfield to eat at Lamberts, well it was about 1 PM and there were no parking spaces. We decided to go on into Springfield and shop a while at Bass Pro Shop. We got back to Lamberts at 4 PM, waited over an hour before we got in the door!
    The first picture was made when we came back, people are waiting to get in... by the looks of some of the people they been eating at Lamberts pretty regular. :big_smile:
    It's good stuff and the only way to get a hot roll is to catch it... they throw em all the way across the room.

Another of our old favorites is Underwoods in Brownwood, TX.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I forgot the plates...pans, and there's a chicken fried steak under the tators. :big_smile:.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The best resturant hands down that I have ever been to is Dan Marinos Town Tavern in Orlando Pointe. We went there a few years ago on vacation. I got the big Delmonico Steak and wife got the ribs. They were both the best I have ever put in my mouth. Hands down.

My favoriate buffet to go to is probably a tie between Great American Steak Buffet and Golden Corral, they both are great.

16. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Ryan's steak house is awsome for a buffet! Take it from the naked fat man! Mauhahahaha.

17. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Now this is my kind of thread, lots of good eatin places out there. Went to lamberts one time and gave up after waiting outside for over two hours. Around here there are lots of small catholic communities that have summer picnics with big family style dinners, german pot roast, fried chicken, whole hog sausage and all the good sides. Now there is a Kentucky Fried Chicken up in carlyle, Illinois that was destroyed by Teabag, his little bro and myself,,,,we rolled in there during Catstock II and ate lots and lots of chicken. Not sure if they want us back there or not.....lol

egg

18. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Been to Lamberts twice. I love it. My ex step monster-in-law got smacked upside the head with a throwed roll. It was hilarious.

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Egg, I think they sut down shortly thereafter. LMAO