Best place to put in on the Cape Fear?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by xX45Xx, May 24, 2009.

1. xX45Xx

xX45Xx New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My first post.

Looking at going for some cats and was wondering where is the best place to put in, below Huske Dam or above it? Is the Cape Fear good up in Harnett County?

2. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    The Cape Fear in Harnett Co. is shallow and rocky, but there is some
    good fishing. I always put in at Riverside in fayettvile and normally do
    very well.

3. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    The Cape Fear above BuckHorn Damn is very good, not at all like around Lillington. The ramp is located on Highway 42 between Broadway and Moncure. Most of the time its not overly crowded. Up river the Deep and Haw split forming the mouth of the Cape Fear. Shad as usually easy to find, just don't use your cast net in the Deep River to catch them. Illegal according to the game regs. You can go up the Haw all the way to the bottom of Jordan Lake damn. Usually good fishing after you learn it. Good Luck---Fishing Fred

4. z-man

z-man New Member

State:
    north carolina
    do any of you fish the ne cape fear in duplin county

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    No, not that far up i,m trying to learn it in the Castle Hanye an Lanes Ferry area now myself :wink:

6. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I usually do good below Huske and also go down to reigelwood and put in down there and do good also. :big_smile:

7. xX45Xx

xX45Xx New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for all the info

8. cliu

cliu Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yeah, I live in Wallace so that is where we go when we can't fish long or just going to take the kids.

9. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I agree with tom cat on below the dam . There are some really good holes down there . I have personaly had alot of fun there , and cought some beautiful fish there . Good luck

10. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    lock 3, william huske is a good place during the week when there is low boat traffic......if on the weekend it pays to put in at lock 3 and go down a few miles past tarheel out of the heavy traffic area.....whatever you do.....dont leave vehicle at tarheel access.....the locals will redecorate it for you!:wink:

11. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    at this time id have to say regalwood.......ive fished all 3 locks in the last couple weekends and i feel that the tide is helping out at regal wood!........considering theres hardly any to no current elsewhere!

12. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    especially after the night tomkat and i had saturday........the most interesting thing caught all night my 10 year old daughter caught in a bait dip net!

13. catinthenet

catinthenet New Member

State:
    north carolina
    I like to put in down below E-town at lock 2. I have some success in that stretch.

14. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thats a pretty good stretch of river...........where you from dave?