Best Place to Find Bluegill?

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by rich-online, Jan 6, 2007.

1. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    What makes for ideal bluegill habitat?

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Water...:lol: j/k.. but that does help a lot... most ponds have SOME gills in them... and some shallow creeks.. lakes.. around the banks.. and they hit on almost anything!

3. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Usually find alot around boat docks, brush piles, and rock dams. Anything that might provide them cover.

4. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, if your ever around the terre haute indiana area, i can take you out to my grandma and grandpas pond and theres alwasy about 150-200 of em in there you can go down there and throw a hook in without bait and sometimes one will see the hook and bite it. theres a flathead in there that helps control it a little, but one fish can only do so much lol

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Give me a long pond bank overhung by willow trees in about 4 - 6 feet of water and I'll be happy all day long. Put your favorite bait on a hook with a slip bobber and zing it under the branches. I think my ultralite rod is in the garage twitching just thinking about it!:tounge_out:

6. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    bluegills is almost anywhere in lake. weedlines, brushs, logs, shallow, bed spawn.... more place I can find them easily..

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep these are good spots also in the shollow water geavel beds in late spring early summer

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Try NOT to catch them.. that always works for me.. then when i try to catch them... they get smart lol

9. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    from experience you can catch them anywhere i've caught em at night,out in the middle of this small run off.how i do it is just drop it in and if they dont hiit it when it hits the water reel it up and put in another spot.i nevere let my bait pole just sit.cause if they're there they will bite as soon as it hit the water.wax worms and pieces of nightcrawlers is all i use and kill em.

10. TRYINGFORCATS

TRYINGFORCATS New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    I'm In North Florida And Have The Best Luck In Shallow Water Along Grasslines, But Docks And Rocks Work Well Too. Good Luck