1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
im gonna say western... best ive seen so far is mahoning dam up near dayton

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I only fish for cats in Lake Nockamixon and Greenlane Reservoir. Greenlanes been good to me since I grew up fishing it. The Nock is new to me so its still a learning experience but its got a high population of cats according to the pfbc's survey they did.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've heard rumors there are flattys in Hertford Manor lake. A fishcommision guy told me that a couple years ago, whether or not he was BS ing me, I don't know. I heard another story about a guy being pulled around in a small jon boat there for 2 hours and never saw what was on the line. But I can't prove they are in there, guess I'll try it out this summer some time.

·
Registered
741 Posts
There are flatheads in Lake Rowena. It is a small trout lake in Ebensburg, PA.
Lake Rowena is about 5 miles from my house. I know the fish commision site has a picture of a big flathead that says Lake Rowena but I think someone dumped it in there and the commision got it out when they shocked the lake a number of years ago. Believe me there's no flatheads in Lake Rowena unless I put em there:smile2:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lake Rowena is about 5 miles from my house. I know the fish commision site has a picture of a big flathead that says Lake Rowena but I think someone dumped it in there and the commision got it out when they shocked the lake a number of years ago. Believe me there's no flatheads in Lake Rowena unless I put em there:smile2:
I went to the Pennsylvania Institute of Taxidemy not far from there in 93`but I never fished the lake,I was told by the locals it was a bass, trout, panfish lake.

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
Yes sir Jim! Closed because some rich girl got hurt jetskiing and no one can access the lake. Plus the million dollar homes and golf courses that pop up, the township doen'st eed any dirty fisherman around. Great Fishery!

I, myself, have seen a pic of a 68 lb flatheads caught by a man in the late 80's i a Chester County bait shop.

The story goes, the guys keep some small flatheads alive from a trip to Western PA. He lived on the Reservior and released them.

I consider this man the Granfather of Eastern PA flatheads.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've been catfishing Lake Artur for a couple years now. I like to go up there when the Ohio is too flooded to fish. I've caught several channels in the 10lb to 15lb range and I know there are alot bigger ones in there

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Blacky you said you seen a pic of a flathead that weighed 68 lbs. if it was caught in pa. should be a state record by about 20 lbs. that would have been a nice one.:eek:oooh:

·
Registered
31 Posts
We enjoy fishing at Pymatuming reservoir and state park. It is a top of the line fishery, not only cats, but walleye,crappie,small mouth,carp,perch and a boatload of gills. There are 3 full service marinas, with everything from bait to boat rentals,(pontoons too rowboats) lots of fishing from the shore, campgrounds and picnic areas. a great place to take the family and wet a line.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've heard rumors there are flattys in Hertford Manor lake. A fishcommision guy told me that a couple years ago, whether or not he was BS ing me, I don't know. I heard another story about a guy being pulled around in a small jon boat there for 2 hours and never saw what was on the line. But I can't prove they are in there, guess I'll try it out this summer some time.
WELCOME to boc great tips in boc lib:wink:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Donegal lake has some flatheads in it, not sure how many. i remember quite a few years ago the bait shop by the lake had a picture of a guy holding one that i believe was like 32 pounds maybe a little more. they have some nice channels in there too.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.