best overall rig setup

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by thecatman, Sep 2, 2008.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    ok guys this question has been bugging me for a while now and was wanting to know yalls opinion on this ok my usual setup when fishing for cats is my hook then the weight about 2-3ft below the hook while also having about 6in of line for the hook to beable to move freely i have also used the ordinary carolina rig

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I mostly use a carolina rig. If I wanna suspend my bait, I'll put a cigar float above my hook. If I'm fishing rip rap, I will use a 3-way with the weight below the hook on lighter line incase it gets snagged.

3. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    I preferr a basic Carolina rig with a 1 to 2 oz weight with a 10 to 24 inch leader. I'll also add a small float to the leader when drifting.

4. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I fish the 3 way rig with weight below. Where I fish the crabs can pick clean a carolina rig without you ever knowing. At least with my 3 way, I can watch the crabs pick it clean. :)

5. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    lol my rig setup is basically a dropshot rig with more of a tag line for the hook to where the bait can move freely better

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    carolina rig,1 to 2 ounce of weight,depends on how far i have to chuck it.

or a three way like kat uses.

i also use about a 10 inch bobber to float my bait around.specially in the shallows,keeps my bait off the bottom and out of the snags

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Nothing wrong with that rig Brandon. I use that quite often except I put two
    hooks on mine, one up another 18 to 24 inches from the first. This seems to give them another bait a little higher plus you can use two different baits. This was the first way I was taught to tie by my dad over 50 years ago. When everybody was talking about the new drop-shot rig and I seen it I started laughing. I'd been doing it all these years and didn't know it.

8. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    I use a carolina rig with 2 to 3 ounce weights depending on water depth and current, as well as a noodle bobber to suspend my bait just off the bottom.

9. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    carolina rig mostly have used 3 ways