Best outfit for fishing

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by cathouse, Jul 4, 2007.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    What is the best outfit that you have used for fishing balance , feel , power , weight , . My favorite all around outfit is my uglycat MH 7ft. rod with my penn 9 , great feel of power and balance and sensitivity .

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    my all around is my 9' king kat and okuma cl300l. 2pc. so i can put it in the trunk easily, and i can put a 3+ sinker depending on current and catch a big or small fish. the ugly cat rod with a 6000 abu sized reel makes a great all around combo too.

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    The 6000 is a great proven reel but man i'll tell you that penn 9 is just awsome , probably the easiest casting penn i have and it's small enought to palm has the HT100 drag , holds plenty of #25 pound mono 3.8:1 gear ratio isn't to slow and plenty of power for my fishing needs . The ugly cat has quickly become my favorite rod , it's sensitve enough to fish for bait and cats . I used it to throw lures with for bass one day and it did quite well and even fished jigs in the slop and horsed them quite easily (no i am not a bass addict ) just seeing what this rod could do . I imagine it'll be pulling duty this fall / winter throwing spoons for salmon , in a nut shell great rod and not just limited to cats just try it in other arenas .

4. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    if you had to keep one combo that you already own and get rid of the rest what would it be . Which combo would serve a variety of your needs and why ?