Best of the Best III Times & Dates?

Discussion in 'Shania and CatfishJohn's Fantasy Sports' started by shania, Jun 15, 2009.

1. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Fellows,
    Now it's time to pick "the best Draft Time & Date". I going to throw some Times & Dates out there & you guys let me know witch one works best for you. I want to make this as fair as possible. the reg. season starts on Thursday September the 10th and I would like to get as close to that as I could - that way the NFL teams rosters are pertty much set, but I also want to give everyone enough time to put things together for week one.
    :wink:
    The Time & Date that I'm looking at right now are:
    Friday September 4th at 3:00PM PST
    Friday September 4th at 5:00PM PST
    Friday September 4th at 6:00PM PST

Saturday September 5th at 12:00PM PST
    Saturday September 5th at 1:00PM PST
    Saturday September 5th at 3:00PM PST
    Saturday September 5th at 6:00PM PST
    Saturday September 5th at 9:00PM PST

or just shoot out some Times that work for you.
    So let me hear from you because I want to make this right for us.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Any of the Friday times would probably be better for me, but I'll try to be ready whenever it is.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OK David - I'll keep that in mine.

Ok - that 1 vote for a Friday - Who will be next?

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I will be in Washington state training for our deployment. I am not sure what our training schedule is like but, I am sure the daytime hours are pretty filled up seven days a week. The later time of 9:00 pm on Saturday might be best for me. I will go with whatever though. I can rank my guys and live with auto draft if need be since my schedule will be hard to foresee. It's not like there is any real competition :wink::smile2::cool2:.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Lets see how this thing plays out Jay - I myself could go with anytime on Friday or Saturday. I'm sure that we will get together on something take will work out for all of us.

6. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    I think that the default time for the draft to be scored for the first week games in Yahoo leagues is draft must be completed by 11:59 pm Sept 1st.

I think you can overide that as commish Bert but do not know what all is involved.

May be easier if you set the draft for the last weekend in August. Also the first weekend of September is a holiday weekend so it could be a problem if anyone had made plans on going out of town for the long weekend.

Just throwing out some observations, I am pretty adaptable to most anything.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :worship:
    That's a good point Bill - I forgot all about the Holiday Week - but I also don't want to bump heads with John's 103 League (Got to respect that). So I'll put together some new Draft Times & Date to chose from when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks again :wink:
    Bert

8. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Heck, as far as I am concerned just coordinate with John AND SET BOTH DRAFTS for the same day just a few hours apart! I think we have quite a few crossovers that are doing both leagues so that might be an option to consider.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a24:
    Now that's what see - "IDEAS" - I like the Idea of having the Draft on the same day as my boy John and the #103 league - lets see if the out managers think about that one, but here are some other dates that you guys want to look at that may work for you as well:

August 29 at 12:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 1:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 2:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 3:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 6:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 7:00pm PDT
    August 29 at 8:00pm PDT

August 30 at 7:00pm PDT
    August 30 at 8:00pm PDT

August 31 at 6:00pm PDT
    August 31 at 7:00pm PDT
    August 31 at 8:00pm PDT

I like it when the other mangers in the league make decisions to make this league one of the best - "because this is not my league", - "it's our league".

So when any of you guys have an idea that can make this thing better for us all - "come with it & I will try to make it happen".

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    Drafting them both on the same day would be OK with me.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Ok - so far I like the idea of holding the Draft on the same day as the 103 league (Fri Aug 28 7:00pm PDT) :0a24:
    a few hours before John's #103 Draft, Due to the fact that alot of the teams here are in both leagues, but I'm not going to go with that idea just yet, until I hear how some of the other guys in the league fill about that idea.

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We can hold them on the same day if you guys want. I just put that date in mine to set the league, I'm flexible as to when they are. Whatever works best for all of you. I just know I'm ready for some football!!!:big_smile::cool2:

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Ok - Cool :cool2:
    Since you set your Draft Time & Date First (Aug. 28 at 7:00pm PDT) out of respect we will go off of that, if we do that,
    the Draft for the Best of the Best III league will be held on
    Aug. 28 at 3:00pm PDT
    unless some of the other team managers chime in with a different idea.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thats fine, if we need to change it, its not a problem whatsoever. I'm a lot more flexible than a lot of other managers can be(plenty of free time:smile2:) so I'll go with whatever works best for you all. It should be a great season, I can't wait!!!:cool2:

15. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    August the 28th is on a Friday. The earliest I could do a draft on a weekday would be 6:15 pm or so eastern time.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Bill,
    I just set it all up to go down on Friday Aug 28 3:00pm PDT, so that will be at about 6:00 eastern time, so will that be ok for you?

17. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Yeah, If I put a little hustle in my butt when I get off from work I can make that fine! Bill

18. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i dont care about times just let me know ahead of time so if and when i have knee surgery its not during that time or around those dates etc

19. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I go in to work at 10pm on fridays and Saturdays so as long as Im able to draft prior to that all is well...:big_smile:

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That sould work out just fine for you Shane.