Best Night this year

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bobcatcher, Sep 1, 2008.

1. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Couldn't find a fishing partner so I went out last night by myself to Bishoff Resevoir here in Batesville, IN. About 12:30 in the morning they started hitting hard. Caught 3 blues around 6-7 pounds then aroung 1:30 a.m. I caught my first big cat; he weighed in at 23#. I was excited to say the least. And yes I turned him loose. :smile2: I read the stories on this website and couldn't imagine catching a 30 + fish. By the way I caught the bait (shad) at Liberty park in Batesville and froze them Thursday and the fish loved em. Thanks for all the tips and good stories on your web site.

Bobcatcher.

Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats,sounds like some good fishing

3. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the reply Richard. Fish'in for big catfish is about like setting in a deer stand day after day waiting for the big one to come by. I kept telling my son-in-law to be patient and our night would come, but he stayed home last night and missed the action. Good things come to those who wait. By the way hope things are going good in the Buckeye state!!

Bob

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on that 23 pounder! Your son missed out like a buddy of mine did on Friday night:wink:
    Batesville eh? Home of the casket company:eek:oooh:

5. bobcatcher

bobcatcher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the repley Bill! Yes, Batesville is home of Batesville Casket company and some of the (owners) Hillenbrands have homes on the Bishoff Lake. The spot where I was fishing last night is just around the bend from one of their estates. Hope your having a great Labor day!!

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on your catch and welcome to the BOC.

7. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    You're knocking them down like I wish I could.
    Good job!

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the catch.... Im heading out tonight myself... looking for a 40+ but im sure they will stay in the 20# area..

9. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Bob, welcome to the BOC:wink:

BIGCAT GarryEads

10. gdog bigcat

gdog bigcat New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It was great to read your post, Bob. I grew up in Milan and still fish Bischoff some. We haven't caught any that big out of there! Was this a flathead?

Congrats on the great night.