Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys & Gails, Well to say it best I had a major Upgrade Last Weekend.
Raysplay and I decided we just could not let a pretty day go to waste so after he had worked all night and we did a few things we headed off to WDM. Call Tim and asked how the fishing was and he said it was great which got us going to get there even faster!
We fished Saturday afternoon and it was such a beautiful day and the birds were sings and the skips and white bass were hitting the top of the water....
Caught one blue fat and sassy...Good eater....
Then I thought I saw Tim by the hydro, (being said I am real nearsighted) and waved at him. LOL Wrong boat but them guys just waved back anyway...ROFL Don't think they minded:cowboy: Text him and he said he was 100 ft the right side, My bad! Then I waved again.
A bit later Tim and Carson came up to the bank. About that time the pretty pink pole wiggled and her bell started singing! I ran to take whatever was cranky up on the fight and BAM! It was Mr. Teethy! Big Mr. Teety... LOL We had a good laugh over that.
I went back over to see what Tim had caught and he had a good mess of fish in the live well... OH, my did he...Asked Carson ok, Dude, Which one did ya catch?" Ya should have seem the smile of that kids face. Oh, my it was a huge as the Miss and he pointed.... Just seeing that smile made the whole weekend ...
Raysplay was super wore out by afternoon, Having been up all night and day, so we took off to the hog cleaning station resturant figured at least they might just have bacon and eggs...LOL Ate us a good meal and bedded down for the night. Catfish I might add. Not bacon must been out!
The next morning, I found out pretty quick that the motel didn't have a coffee pot and well , I need my caffine so off to find some coffee and ended up at the bait shop and drank coffee and ate a good breakfest. We were hoping that Sunshine would be out and about after breakfest but well no luck. The weather had chilled ten degrees and it was briskly outside....But we were going to fish and we headed off to WDM.
We fished at our normal spot for quit sometime seeing a sprinkle here and there and Ray caught one good size channel. The the skips went away bass hunkered down I reckon, and even Mr. Teethy took a nap. We moved down a bit closer because the flow was really slow. Saw, Wayne a guy from Sheridan and chatted a while....Met up with this older guy from Shreveport and he was great fun. Talked to Michael and found out we already had a connection USCA... Then it happened. Ray caught a huge one 20 pounder! MAN! That was good...Not huge to him but to me to! THEN, It started Yes it did I got a monster....
Felt like a rock that moved every once in a while. My penn reel was doing everything possible to turn. Now the worst possible thing could have happened. Yes, My line went from Tight to limp in once second cranked my tail off but he was gone ! That was a heck of a fish and to be caught another day...Then Ray caught him one and Then I caught one....Then saw the pole Bend into again! I am like all wore out, Big time! But Since i lost that other one I had to go, Having that fishing addiction. I reeled and reeled and was detrimined to win this fight. At one point I swore I was going holler Ray hold me on the bank cause I not giving my pole up to this one! LOL Finally I got him in. Ray's scales was water logged and weighed him on the bank. But I wasn't worried cause I had a new pair at home. 21 pounds she weighed. The blood was rushing on that fishing bank and Honestly I could hardly breath after I caught the 21 pounder. Man! We had a blast. Ray caught another and then we said I catch one more then we are gone! LOL WINK! After a couple drum! Giggling! I did just that!. Man, Poor Ray had to drag them fish up to the top to get them sort of in the cooler! LOL We had tails everywhere in that little tiny yaris.! LOL But what a ride. Before ya ask Yes we did keep and clean them because we know a couple folks that Need them and We fished for friends this weekend. Enough said, Ya got bored by now pictures next

· Registered
3,732 Posts
Nice pb and pic's, I just don't know which is prettier, you :beauty: or that mess of fish! I guess those guys in the boat would rather have you wave at them than a fish though ...lol :smile1:

· Registered
709 Posts
Congrats Sista!!! TY for your story and pic's.... reading it was like being there with you guys for all the action!! Before long Glenda you will be in the 30lb. club!!!! So proud for you... congrats again !! Cass

· Registered
1,883 Posts
Dang Glen!!! that was an awsome mess of fish and a great story. i'll bet you had a smile as big as the missippi too, lol. congrats on the big blue. ya'll are having too much fun.

· Registered
569 Posts
I know I have seen you in person on the river since your latest PB, but I need to say congratulations once again on the BOC! I thought we had a good day the previous day, but you and Ray sure did put it on us the following day and me and Carson are sure happy for y'all !! The pics are awesome!

Tim & Carson

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.