best mono i have tried

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Cattoo, Oct 1, 2005.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    if you guys are looking for a great monofilament line but don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it, i strongly suggest checking out tightline from offshore angler. it has more abrasion resistance than anything i've tried and i have tried a bunch. it comes in yellow or clear. i prefer the yellow so i can see my line and the cats don't mind one way or the other. it has very little stretch too. but the best thing is that it is very inexpensive. i have experimented with a lot of lines over the years and this stuff is all i use for those big cats now. do yourself a favor and go to bassproshops.com and check it out. its in the saltwater fishing section.

2. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    I just bought a spool the other day. Saw it on the website on sale, $6.99 for 890 yds. Have not tried it yet but I will soon. The St. Charles, MO store also has STREN Heavy Cover clearence priced at $5.88 for 750 yds. ( 14, 17, 20 and 25 lb test )

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I will have to look into that and see if I can’t pu some of that to the test on a shark or 2 this spring.