???best lure to use????

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what r the kinds of lures y'all use ?

2. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    There are two kinds of lures: those that the fish are biting, and those they aren't. I usually use the second.

3. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
    Chompers. Squirted twin tail grub in Watermelon/red flake.:big_smile:

4. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Any swim bait works well if you fish it like a dieing bait fish they work really well if you can fish them right. Just jerk your rod to make the bit look alive. The best baits ive found are the storm swim baits. Get any thing from 3 to 6 inches long. You can even use the salt water baits.

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    My favorite bait this time of year is either a wacky worm or a fluke in watermelon red color..

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mel all lures are manufactured with a purpose in mind. Like the tools in your tool box. When the bass move shallow in the spring and action bait, spinnerbait, works well. When the Bass start to spawn and bed up a 4-6"lizzard , fished texas style will work for you. When all else fails a jerkbait or a rattle bait like Manns-1, or rattle trap will catch you a few. This will give you a starting point in the spring. When fishing on darker days, nights, and muddy water, use dark baits. Lighter baits in clearer water.

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I fish 4 basic baits for bass, depending on conditions. In the early morning and evening, I love throwing a buzzbait. A spinnerbait can be fished in just about any situation. I also like to use texas rigged 4" worms or Sluggos year-round. During those hot, summer days I like throwing scum frogs in the nastiest vegetation I can find. Experiment, experiment and experiment!

8. thesoutherndandy

thesoutherndandy New Member

State:
    PA
    My favorite lures are panther martins. I also like to use sluggos, mepps aglias, and maybe rooster tails.

9. Cmartin4538

Cmartin4538 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    My favorite lure is one i have just resently purchased, its the stike king money minnow. It's shad colored and should be riged with a 6/0 wieghted hook.:wink:

10. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Floating torpedos, rooster tail spinnerbaits and small silver and black rapalas.