best line for spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by bw69r, Apr 19, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    what is the best line for putting on spinning reels for big cats. i know a lot of people have certain lines they like for baitcasters but sometimes they don't work well on spinning reels ( too stiff, too much memory, don't cast well). i know there are alot of very experienced people in the BOC so any and all advice would be appreciated.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Reel capacity and loadin the line on in the correct fashion will have the greatest impact. Choose a line that you are happy with and have at it.:wink:

3. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have the large line capacity Catt Maxx with about 75 yds of 65 lb spider wire then about 125 yds of powerline braid 65 lb works fine and casts with ease. One thing the braid isnt that forgiving when knots up so take a little more time and youll be a happy camper.

4. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    I LIKE BIG GAME LINE:smile2:

5. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    Brian, without knowing what style of fishing you're doing or what reel i'll go out on a limb and suggest using braid. Braid offers a few advantages first it doesn't have memory like mono so on a spinning reel it really shines by increasing your casting distance i have seen a 50% increase in my distance. second it has little to no stretch and thats great when you fishing at distances off 100yds or more you can feel every bump. next if you use something like 20lb test its diameter is 6lb test so you can use less weight to hold bottom in any situation. lastly since braid has a habit of floating its great for slip float fishing.the biggest drawbacks to braid are the cost and its lack of abrasion resistance compared to mono. hope this helps.

6. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm a Vicious Ultimate user. 20 and 30# mono.