best line for low profile baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by kyledbarnes, Dec 1, 2008.

1. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what is the best line for a low profile baitcaster (type) as far as casting ability?

2. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    thats kind of a loaded question....what are you fishing for, what style, lures, what kind of structure are you fishing around??

i'm a braid guy for the most part, power pro, sufix braid, or spiderwire stealth have all served me well.

as far as mono goes, sufix siege is good or maybe something by berkley like "big game" or "maxx".

copolymers are good too. gamma makes a good one along with p-line, and sufix.

some flourocarbons are good too......i guess berkley's 100% flouro is good, bass pros xps flouro is supposed to be good, gamma halo is good.....right now i have seaguar carbon pro and i've liked it, but i'm going to try something different this next year just for the heck of it, maybe one of the ones i've just listed....or sufix's flouro offering...we'll see what i can find.

it's all up to you, some guys like a more stiff line, some like a more limp one.....if you like it, and have confidence in it....go with it.

3. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey man, im gonna be fishin for bass mainly with this rod but some small lake cats thrown in there as well not exceeding 15 lbs. im gonna be fishin all types of structure with it, mainly gonna be either wacky riggin it w/ a finesse worm or like a spinnerbait, craink bait, rattletrap stuff like that, i really like powerpro braid but is it easier to backlash than other types of lines, i've just started using a baitcaster and still getting used to casting it but getting better too, so what do you think:confused2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I run 10 or 12 pound p-line and love it. It's stought.

5. ninrugger

ninrugger New Member

State:
    WI
    i'd go with either 20 lb power pro or maybe something like 12 lb sufix siege. if you're going to be around rocks and abrasive stuff, go with the mono. if you're going to be around weeds and wood...go with braid.

what kind of baitcaster do you have?