Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
I have the Frabill Power Catch, havent had a problem with a kittie thats too big yet. It swallows up 60+Lb fish with no problems. I know a 100LB Fish would fit in it easy. Got mine at Greentop Sporting Goods here in richmond for $80. If price isnt an issue the Big Kahuna is even larger than the Power Catch and the mesh is alot thicker and it cost about $189-$249 depending where you shop.
The Powercatch measurements are 32"x41", tear drop is 48" the big kahuna is 40"x44", with a 48" tear drop.

Frabill also offers a Powercatch craddle verion that has a craddle at the bottom of the net to safely handle the fish.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have 2 different size frabil nets & have had no problems with them, I have another net that I hate, it has the real fine rubberized mesh-DON'T get one like that, it is a pain in the ass & the hooks get hung up in it all the time.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I have the Frabill Power Catch, havent had a problem with a kittie thats too big yet. It swallows up 60+Lb fish with no problems. I know a 100LB Fish would fit in it easy. Got mine at Greentop Sporting Goods here in richmond for $80. If price isnt an issue the Big Kahuna is even larger than the Power Catch and the mesh is alot thicker and it cost about $189-$249 depending where you shop.
The Powercatch measurements are 32"x41", tear drop is 48" the big kahuna is 40"x44", with a 48" tear drop.

Frabill also offers a Powercatch craddle verion that has a craddle at the bottom of the net to safely handle the fish.
My choice also.I never feel under gunned!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I have a frabil big kahuna type I think, It is huge enough to have my son stand in it and room for three more of him too at 80 lbs. never had a fish yet that the net didn't make it look small. bought it at a store along time ago,they had three of them two were marked $189.00 one was marked $18.90, guess which one I snatched up quickly!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Frabill 24"X24" here. Seems frabill is pretty popular. At one time I was looking for a rubber net, but couldn't find one that was in my price range. But my frabill has netted a bunch of fish over the last 3 or 4 years.

PS, This View attachment 110562 is what happens when you try to net a 45#er without the proper net. LOL!!!! the handle broke real quick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.