Best lake to fish from shore?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by SaigonKat, May 31, 2009.

1. SaigonKat

SaigonKat New Member

State:
    az
    Hi all! I just join the forum today and this is my first year catfishing. I currently fishing at local ponds in Tucson and planning to find a good place in Arizona to camp and learn more catfishing experiences. I would like to hear some advices on these spots. I'll fishing from the shore though.

Thank you very much! ;)

2. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    Welcome aboard. I am pretty new here but there is a wealth of info. just scour the articles.
    I went down to Patagonia a couple weeks ago. we only caught a couple channels though. I used a crawdad that was still soft from molting and that worked fast. We also got a 5-lb on corn rigged for blue gill. Good fun on an ultra light pole.

3. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Welcome Hein to the BOC! Like Adam said check out the old post and also check different sections in library. Good Luck!

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi, Adam and Hein,,
    Ive been trying to fish Roosevelt and Bartlett since last year,, and have had some success, but, not much,, Those lakes are up and bank fishing spots are a lot smaller now,,,
    also, lots of brush, so getting hung up is a sure thing..
    One spot I fished with AZcataholic last year is under 8-9 ft of water now..
    Those are the only ones I know anything about, and I don't know much...
    Have tried Roosevelt in a boat a little bit, and have had marginal success, but, will get better as I learn more about the lake,,
    Both lakes do have some Big Cats in there..

and,, Welcome to the BOC

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hello Hien, sorry I spelled your name wrong previously. As Greg [snagged two] had said we are learning the lake[Rosie]fis.hing from shore you might also right hand side of Schoolhouse campground on Roosevelt. Let me know if you need more direction, we all learn new areas from the BOC. Good Luck!

6. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    not to familier with tuscon area but the upper salt i know of thats 2 hours from you.