best lake in virginia to fish at?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    where u think the best lake is to fish and how did u do there?

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    If so I have spent the last several years on Little Creek Res. and Swift Creek Res. (Brandermill) and have been real lucky. Found a couple of reliable patterns late summer on SCR that got several 5 pounders and 1- 7 1/2 on a buzzer. Photo enclosed

Attached Files:

3. vfourmax

vfourmax New Member

State:
    Va
    Best lake in Va to fish for large cats is Buggs/ Kerr without a doubt! 30's and lower 40's not uncommon at all with fish in the 60's reasonably possible.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know much about lakes but I know the Grand River in Virginia is a great place to fish

5. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Depends on what you want to catch, but if you are hunting trophys then Kerr without a doubt.

Wheelmobile07

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Yes, for lakes, I would say Kerr. Great populations of big blues and flatheads, lmb, crappie, and striper.

If you want to toss rivers into the equation, the king of all Virginia is the mighty James River! Flats and smallmouth above the fall line, blues and stripers below. Crappie in the creeks. You can't beat it.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Right on there jpritch, couldn't agree more

Wheelmobile07

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    for channel cats it's got to be lake anna...but for catfish in general i would have to say the james river...just my opinion