Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have fished Lake Belton & Still House Hollow Lake lots of times, and have done good at both place. You can look at www.mapquest.com, and look up Lake Belton that way. Im not saying its the best fishing, but to me it would make the Top 10.
I would put Limestone on my to 10 along with Richland Chambers and also O.H. Ivie
Belton would be way low on my list, never had much luck at all on blues there, caught alot of channels though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would say Richland Chambers as one of the all-around best lakes for multi-species fishing. It has great fishing for blues, channels, sand bass, hybrids, crappie and bass. It doesn't get as much traffic as the DFW area lakes. Tawakoni is probably right up there with it, but I haven't spent nearly as much time on that lake as I have RC. The fishing can be outstanding on Lewisville as well. It just gets a little more crowded during the summer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I lived in the Dallas area, I fished most of the lakes in the area.

Cedar Creek is the best blue cat lake with Tawakoni right there with it.

Fish the one that is closest to you!

Texhoma is a great catfish lake, with none being beter.

But, it is so big with very much to learn!

One secret to consistently catching fish , is to learn a lake!

I mean really take the time to learn it.

You will have some dry days, but, ultimately, it will make you a better cat man!

CatfishBevo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.