best lake in michigan to fish at?

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    where u think is the best lake to fish at and where u had the best luck

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Wow, is that a loaded question! The state of Michigan has a land area of 59,959 miles. (N-S 400mi. E-W 310mi.) Except for the part of the state that boarders IN. and OH in the lower penn. and the section in the UP which boarders WI., the state is totally surrounded by fresh water. (Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair, Lake Huron, Lake Michigan and Lake Superior). If I'm not mistaken there is only one county in the Lower Penn. that doesn't have a lake of any sort in it, and that is Sanilac. I have fished in all of the Great Lakes at one time or another, and they are all great fisheries. I have fished in many inland lakes with the same results.
    I'm not trying to be a smart A_ _ , but Michigan is known as the Great Lakes State, and for good reason. No matter who you talk to, everyone has a favorite body of water and normally it is close (within 50mi.) to where they live. So I guess it depends on the spec. of fish one is talking about or where one lives, is to what is the best lake in the state of Michigan.
    If you ever come to the state of Michigan, make a post. Someone will help you out, or may even join you.
    Good Luck fishing this summer.
    Sparky

3. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I would vote for Lake St.Clair. It hods bragging size Channel cats, Smallmouth bass, Largemout bass (northern strain), Musky, Northern Pike, Walleye, Sheepshead, Carp, Coho Salmon, Steelhead and Lake Sturgeon. Also has plenty of eating size Bluegill, Perch and White Bass. Rumor has it there is a small population of Flatheads, but I have never seen any proof. Only problem with the lake is the number of powerboaters (and rude fishermen).