best lake in kentucky to fish at?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by melstangman1967, Mar 27, 2008.

1. melstangman1967

melstangman1967 New Member

State:
    missouri
    what do u think is the best lake to fish at and where u have the most luck

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Give Ky/Barkley lakes a try. They are connected by a canal. The Tenn and Cumberland rivers flow through these lakes. Great multiple species fishing. You also have two dams to fish below if you chose.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kentucky and Barkley Lakes would get my vote. Kentucky Lake has the Tennesse River and the Cumberland River flows through Barkley. Both rivers empties into the Ohio River where its not too far downstream where the Ohio empties into the Mississippi. Shad,skipjacks, big shiners, inhabit both lakes as well as many other baitfish.

4. Southwind

Southwind New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would have to agree with Mickey and Wolfman KY & Barkely would be my choice, great fishing down there.:big_smile:

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I love Kentucky the best but for around here fishtrap is a great cat lake

6. BEL007

BEL007 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    These are w/in travel distance for me. I'll give 'em a try. Thanks !

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Yes both these lakes have good numbers of fish, be prepared though they are both quite large lakes. Kentucky lake is 184 miles long and Lake Barkley is 115 miles long. They are connected by a canal close the dams and together there is over 220,000 acres of water.

8. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree on Ky-Barkley Lakes but Green River Lake and Taylorsville are my favorites and most of my best fishing comes from them...

9. PiscMonkey

PiscMonkey New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I've heard that Dale Hallow Lake is good.

10. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dale Hallow is the cleanest clearest water I have ever been in in ky although most of the lake is mostly in tenn. As to witch is better I like all that have fish in them. your gonna have good and bad days on any water you fish.

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Depends on what your fishing for. If cats then Ky or barkley lake though they have em all, stripers cumberland or smallies in dale hollow.

12. Aceoky

Aceoky New Member

State:
    Ky
    Don't forget Lake Cumberland on the "other side" of the state, the lake is WAY low due to repairs on the Wolf Creed Dam, but some great fishing in the lake even still :cool2: