Best knot for catfishing and how to tie it

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Wil, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    the knots ive been using lately havent been doing too well, i was wonderin what kind of knots u guys use. and tell me how to tie then too please, chances are i wont know them. lol

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wil, probably the easiest knot to tie is the Palomar knot. Double the line and insert through eye of hook. Tie a overhand knot, then bring tag end loop over hook and pull down tight after lubricating line. ( a little spit will do the job). You can also go to: animated knots by grog.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    By the way welcome to the board.

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
  5. smith06

smith06 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for the animated link....it helped me out.

6. sgt_rob

sgt_rob Member

State:
    Bossier City, LA
    I saw some guy on TV last night using a "canoe knot" to secure 100# test leader to a swivel. That is where I always have a problem. I just can't get a good looking knot in heavy line and figure I'll try that one out.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I use a duncan loop or an improved sinch. I have a few good knot tying sites if your interested. PM me.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I use the uni-knot and palomar knot most often. The most important thing I've found to prevent premature failure is to lubricate the line, then tighten the knot smoothly and evenly. It you pull the knot tight too quickly, the little bit of friction created is all it takes to cause early failure. I've had less failures with the uni-knot than any other.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    How goes it Wil? Welcome to the BOC. There recently was a thread started, concerning what types of knots most us use. The majority response was that most use the palomar knot. I personally use a trilene knot and, it has worked fine for me.

10. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Dameon,I allso use the Palomar and Tri-lene knot.Works for me....