Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Try this hush puppy recipe, and if you don't think it is the best ever, why then, send me yours. If there's one better, I gotta have it.

Hush Puppies

3/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 T baking powder
1 can chopped green chiles
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 egg
1 can cream style corn

Mix all ingredients except cream style corn.
Then add enough cream style corn to make the batter drop from spoon.
Drop by spoonful into hot grease and fry to a golden brown. Drain and serve.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
I'll be trying that one ,Ron. I havent been able to find one yet I did like well enough to try twice ,they always seem too dry. This might just be the ticket.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is that 2teaspoons of sugar or table spoons same for salt-baking powder also what are green chiles. thank you

catman fl
Large "T" in recipes indicates Tablespoons, small "t" indicates teaspoons. Green Chiles are, in this case, mild chile peppers used in mexican dishes. You can find them in small 4 ounce cans at the grocery store in the Mexican food section. Try 'em in this recipe, you'll love 'em

And for all you others, the main thing I love about this recipe is that they are indeed, very moist. I am like most of you, I don't like dry hush puppies. Try 'em and you'll never go back to your old recipe.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
One more thing to make clear.....DO NOT use the whole can of cream style corn. You add just enough to give the mix a sticky consistency to drop it like you do drop dumplings, into the hot grease. As you use the recipe, you will develop a good feel for how much corn is just right.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Back again. I think the main problem with most people's HP is they fry them for too long making them dry. Lower temp, flip them ounce and take them out when they are golden. Onion is the key. UHHHHH.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.