Best Hooks for making limblines?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TravisJS, May 23, 2009.

1. TravisJS

TravisJS New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone have suggestions on making some 1/2 in pvc limb lines. Ideas about length, hooks (I have circle hooks, do they work well for this applications), and amount of weight for the MO.

Thanks in advance.

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    if your after big fish i would have a pole length of 8 to 10 foot the banks of the mo river in most places is sand and soft mud close to the bank so you need to really push them in a good ways at a angle .

if your using live bait which i would use 3 ounces or so would be enough as long as the bait is under the water 5 to 15 inches is enough in my opinion .

yes big 8/0 or larger circle hooks will work great , also the smaller snagging treble hooks in around 8/0 to 10/0 work great also to insure plenty of hook exsposure with large baits .

flatheads have a huge mouth and will take huge baits easily .

good luck

3. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    10/0 King Kahles.I havnt found that many good hooks with a big enough holes to put the thick line threw.

4. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    if there is any current where you plan on limb lining, you will have to use a 10 oz or bigger.A few that i put out i could get away with a 6 oz but for the most part i had to use 10-14 oz weight.Everyone has their own way,I fish my limb lines about 2 foot off of the bottom and have had alot of success like that.Good luck!!