Best Hangover Cure!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SGTREDNECK, Nov 22, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So I am laying here with a pretty bad hangover and wishing I had someone to cook me something to eat. And I just came up with the great thread starter. What is everyone's hangover cure? And what do you do to prevent one? Was suppose to go hunting this morning but when you leave the bar at 3 i sure as heck aint going hunting:big_smile: So let me know what you do to stop feeling like crap. Think I might just grab a cold one and sleep until the pats game:smile2:

2. Tim70

Tim70 New Member

State:
    Maplewood, Missouri
    You could always crack open another beer. lol

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dont drink so much lol. Moderation know ya been dry for a year :dribble: Take ya :0a30:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Water and time especially if you were drinking beer.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tomato juice works for me!:wink: Or another beer!:smile2: Bad part about drinking on Sundays though is the dreaded Monday! rollo

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    If you are going to drink hard you have to prepare for it days ahead. Vitamins, papaya extract for your tummy, plenty of water and good food, decent sleep. Drink some water in between every couple drinks. Plan to stay awake until most of the buzz wears off.

Some folks like those activated carbon capsules, and I have had some luck with them, but what a hassle.

If a "party" catches you by surprise,,, try to eat while you drink. Before you retire for the evening slam some water, a multi vitamin, and some Ibuprofen. (NOT acetaminophen or aspirin, they are too hard on your liver in combo with booze and will kill you over time.) Your metabolism slows while you sleep and the pain killer will kick in as you awake.

If you has an oxygen tank, take a few good hits off of it in the morning.

If you have nowhere to be in the morning ONE, and only one, "hair of the dog" will get you moving.

For those of you who indulge, a couple hits off a "left handed cigarette" can help.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pretty much got er figured out don't ya? :smile2::smile2::smile2: rollo

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "Pretty much got er figured out don't ya?"

Been playing that game for awhile and have learned from the professionals!!
    It is important stuff to know as you get older and the liver gets slower!!:wink:

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    So mac and cheese is not the answer!!!:dribble:

10. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Best thing to remember...an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. Don't get drunk in the first place. :wink:

Ray

11. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That's the easiest question ever presented to the BOC, and Ray had the best answer! Reps out to ya, Ray!! That's what I like about smokin' grass... no drunkeness or hangovers!:wink: An ounce of grass will give you a pound of cure.

Bill in SC

12. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I remember from my college days, 5 am, several bottles of wine sitting empty, room is spinning, and I have to go to bed with no doubt about the way the next day is going to go. I'd take 2 glasses of water, 2 asprin, 2 antacids, and a caffeine pill (200 mg) before crashing. This would by no means "fix" the next day, but it seemed to help. Maybe the effect was placebo, I am not a doctor and most of the stuff on the 'net says remedies like this don't work, but it at least seemed to help me.

The best way to beat a hang-over of course is not to drink. Or drink light beer, and only 2 or 3 for the evening. That's my plan now-a-days, not to put myself in that position to begin with. Many of my all day long hangovers back then were so bad that they defeated the fun of drinking the night before.

13. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Best cure I ever found for a hangover is [Don't Drink] to begin with.
    Been there on the hangover part.No fun so I stopped drinking:eek:oooh: .Well almost anyways.:roll_eyes:

14. festus

festus New Member

In I've tried about every hangover cure that's been posted on here: water, aspirin, Tylenol, ibuprofen, left handed cigarette, tomato juice, even Valium. But I don't get hangovers on beer.

If I drink wine, I try to limit myself to two or three 25 oz. bottles and drink an equal amount of water to wine. Yeah, take your headache remedy before you go to bed with plenty of water, if you're prone to get headaches.

If I drink liquor, I don't drink the sweet mixed drinks, or mixed with Coca-Cola. And try to stay away from brown liquor like bourbon, rye, Scotch, or Canadian, or at least limit myself to 3 or 4. I usually drink straight silver tequila with lime and salt with plenty of water. Sometimes with a beer chaser. White liquor doesn't cause near the hangover as brown liquor. At least for me. I like vodka and gin, too. Ahem...don't tell anybody but a good shot of Tennessee moon's not bad either.

If I was to ever encounter another hangover, my remedy would be a good strong, spicy Bloody Mary with 1 part vodka to 3 parts tomato juice, some tabasco sauce, lime juice, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, and a few drops of juice from a jar of Pepperoncini peppers. Then chase it with a beer. Then drive to the Krystal and buy about a half dozen small cheeseburgers, and chase 'em with another beer....and drink more water :wink:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  15. festus

festus New Member

Let me add I'd get somebody to drive me to the Krystal!!

And if you're gonna drink wine, drink the white stuff, not red. Now red wine probably would give me a hangover if I didn't eat good the night before and drink plenty of water.

16. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I forgot to mention that my worst hangovers came from cheap liquor. On the very rare occasion that I do have some liquor, its higher up on the shelf, none of that Mohawk Vodka, but at least Stoli, something that costs $20 a fifth or more. This has a great effect on how I feel the next day.

17. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    BACON!!!

18. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    You can go with the white stuff, it does have less of some of the things that work you over, but if you are only drinking it not to feel bad it kinda defeats the purpose of drinking to start with. Unless you are one of those folks who only drink for the buzz.

I used to occasionally drink with a fellow who was the director of the WV DNR at the time. He would only drink 6 then quit. BUT,,, he would drink 6 before you could get 2 down(if you hurried). He did not "chug" 'em, rather just took long pulls. Two pulls on a bottle of beer and it was gone.

Me, I just like drinks. Sometimes I want beer, sometimes red wine, sometimes bourbon,,,, whatever,, depending on my taste the day I choose to indulge.

Anybody can chug a quart of Whiskey, puke, and pass out. Takes a Drinker to work on that bottle all night long and watch the sun come up.

Get after it for days, and about the 3rd day it becomes a whole different kind of buzz. But THAT, is a young man's game. (If you are over 30 and still do that more than once a year, seek professional help.)
    Now-a-days, no matter the precautions I took, it would render me pretty much useless for a week after. :eek:oooh:

19. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    plop,plop, fizz, fizz,,,,,Alka-Seltzer is my cure.......

I take one before I go to bed and I also drink water while drinkin beer. I like beer but all I gotta do is look at one and I get a hangover, LOL.

Usually I will wake up, eat, and go back to sleep for a hour or two, normally I feel pretty good after that....kinda resets me.

20. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Back strap sandwich and a few steaks was my cure. Just in time for the game.:big_smile:

Attached Files: