Best Glow tip product to ever be used!!!!!

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by ShilohRed, Aug 4, 2009.

Would you use a Glow in the dark rod tip kit?

1. Yes?

2. No?

3. Would rather keep using Glow sticks that I have to replace?

4. Would rather use other products?

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We have found the best stuff for making rod tips glow, This Kit will not in any way hurt the blank. Will never get caught up in your line like somethings made for glow in the dark Rod tips.
    Will replace even glow sticks on rod tips.. Last for years and never have to buy anything for your rod tip again for 3 to 5 years If then. These kits are still in the works. One kit if you cover 3" of the tip should cover 3 to 5 rods. If you cover 6" or more it will be less. Will have to work that out in the trials on it in a few weeks.
    Just checking to see how many would buy a product like this? Also can't give a price yet, But this stuff is going to set me back $1000 or better its that High.
    But guess kits are around $10.
    Pete

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Pete i said just use stiks, but i don't know what ya have in mind either. Heck i'll try bout anything at least once.:eek:oooh:

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I got 2 24 inch blacklights on the back of my boat and use the berkley solar line. Glows like you wouldnt believe, no need for glow tips for me. I have fished with guys that love to use the glow sticks though.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    What makes them glow? It may be something I'm looking for but I'm not exactly sure how this works.

5. jargo1

jargo1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am new to catfishing, but would be willing to give it a try for around $10.

6. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys this stuff will go on like paint, But light makes it glow.It will not be as bright as the glow sticks. But then again nothing is. It works and is about the same a lighten Bug And I'm sure most have seen them?
    This kit will be one you put on like paint, Wrap tape around the rod where you won't the line to be or stop. Then brush it on let it dry and then cover it with a protectant. And its done.
    Sunlight charges it and it last for hours. I have some here that while its not getting direct sunlight its getting plenty of light during the day. And is still glowing at daylight.:wink:
    Pete

7. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    well fill us in when you get it

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Pete sounds very interesting. Let us know what's happening on this.

9. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    keep us up to date....

i found some stuff like that at the local outdoors store but it was for gun sites and/or fishing rods...i put some on my gun sites and it didn't last long...only a few minutes at best...so to find something that i can use on my rods that will last for the evening or at least most of it would be great.....

10. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Pete, sounds like you are about to make some cash if this works out. I would spend the $ if it works and so would many others. I have tryed the others and have been looking for something like you mention. Keep us posted. Glowsticks are expensive and a lot of work. Black lights are a sure no go here in Michigan. You can fill the boat with bugs in no time. I have a few of the glow rods but they only work for a year or so.

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can this paint be recharged with a flashlight as well? Thanks Pete

12. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: i love to fish at night !!!!!!

I allready use your glow sticks Troy freenwood ( spoonfish ) got me hooked on them .

he had glow wrap on his and it dosnt last or work very good .

if its brighter and lasts longer then the glow wrap stuff

I will most ineed buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I know alot of my buddies will also :big_smile::wink:

I have around 18 rods i would put it on if it works good .

hook me up pete !!!!!

13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I would be willing to give it a try

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Not being as bright as a gow stick but still glows isnt that big of deal considering it lasts up to 3 years and you only put it on once .

15. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm all ears on this one, sounds like a great product, and some thing I would try.

16. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Pete,

Let me say first and foremost that I appreciate you talking with me on the phone yesterday, and Thank You for telling me about the product you are trying to get going here with the Glow in the Dark material. As I mentioned on the phone, I am very interested in this product for some night fishing!

I have 3 rods I currently fish, and 2 more waiting to be finished at home.... I would use it on all my catfishing rods. And I would possibly try to find a way to utilize it on a couple other things I use at night that would normally get lost if left sitting out... (needle nose pliers, rod holders, etc....) if it could work that is!

Keep us posted, look forward to hearing from you!

Jim

17. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Thanks Pete. Sounds like something I would be willing to try. Keep us posted!! Thanks.

18. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Yeah buddy just keep posting with updates. thanks

19. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    If its something that would last all night, I would definitely be a buyer.
    Is this something that has been proven in the field? Do you need some testers? :wink:

20. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    You dont fish at night.:wink::smile2: