Best Flourecent Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by IndyMedicGuy, Jun 6, 2008.

1. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Being new to catfishing, I was wondering what is the best line to use at night for visibility. I know there are some flourecent lines that glow with a blacklight. I saw a picture in the gallery here before of I think Power Pro and an UV light that showed up really well. Is it best to use a black light or UV light? Just curious what everyone recommends.

EDIT:
    Here is the link to the pic I was refering to:

http://www.catfish1.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1723&c=searchresults&searchid=648

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have used black lights to fish at night for years. When using Berkley Big Game Fluorescent 30# test it will make it look like a well rope. Works Great. Love that BG Solar also.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    100% Agreed with Mickey. :wink::cool2:
    My Favorite Flourescent line by far is the Berkley Big Game Solar Green 30-40# Test. It'll glow like a rope. By far the best I've used!:wink::cool2::big_smile: Also some of the strongest line I've ever used!!!:big_smile:

Never had a problem with it either!

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I use a Black light every nite I fish..
    Used to be a Big game fan, but found ANDE to much much better line. I use the solar green...

5. IndyMedicGuy

IndyMedicGuy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any ideas on what kind of blacklight to get. Do they make a lantern type of one? Suggestions please. Thanks!!!

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Wife got me a Nite Stalker III from Bass Pro last Christmas and I've been extremely happy with it so far.. Runs off 12v for my boat, or D's when I hit the bank....

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Kris,
    You can't go wrong with Big Game Solar, Ande Solar or P-Line CXX X-tra Fluorescent...W