Best fishing line for night fishing with blacklights

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by smells like old liver!, Feb 14, 2007.

1. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    what line do you guys use when fishing at night? It seems that stren is all that I have used in the past. what other companys make a line that will glow with a blacklight? also do most of you that fish at night use a blacklight?

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Big game glows nice. Basically any florescent color line will glow.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use Berlkey Big Game Solar day or night. When you see 30# Solar through a black light it will look like a well rope.:0a26: :0a18:

4. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
  5. bigcatwannabe

bigcatwannabe New Member

State:
    rowland, nc
    i love the braid, the new spiderwire stealth is amazing to me, 50# is 12#diameter, better casting , and the smaller diameter keeps the current drag down, the biggest thing to me is ive had the 65# on my rods for 5 years and havent had to change it, i just swapped ends to get some more use, its expensive but i believe it adds up because you dont have to change it nearly as often

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Bass Pro Shops carries a line that is called Excel that does well for me and 900 yards will cost you $10.99. I have used the 20 lb. clear/blue and for that price it is a steal in my opinion. But you can't not try it at that price. :wink:

7. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I have tried the Stealth and was very dissapointed. I had lots of trouble with it in rocky conditions. Am I the only one who has had this problem.

8. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    in night, I use #30 berkley big game and #35 berkley gorrilla lines.

9. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    do all these lines react to blacklights? what about the braided line?

10. DuckNurse

DuckNurse New Member

State:
    Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    I use the Berkley Big Game in the Solar Green color...It looks awesome using a blacklight. It is also very visable during the day too. You can also use the Electric Blue color. I like to use a contrasting color at night when I'm using a blacklight...instead of the yellow, since that is what most rod tips are colored.