Best Fishing Line For Circles

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by tnkatman, Apr 7, 2006.

1. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    What's The Best Fishing Line To Use With Circle Hooks ? Do You Want Something With Alot Of Flex Or With Little Flex ? What Brand Of Line Do You Recommend For Circles ?

2. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, from my experience, as well as the experience from a lot of people on here, a monofilament works best with circles, since it will stretch and allow the hook to roll into the fish's mouth. I find that Berkely Big Game is an excellent line for circle hooks, as well as Cajun Red Cast. With circle hooks, you want quite a bit of flex, but not enough to make things weak.

:0a26:

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    As far as I can tell it don't matter if it's braid or mono. I also use to think that you wanted a rod tip that was soft. But the more and more fish I catch with circle hooks. The more I start to wonder if it matters. The hook is going to rotate no matter what when the fish swims off. Who knows I'm going to keep toying with my rigs and see what I can come up with.

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I haven't seen one iotta of difference. The hook will rotate before the stretch in mono comes into play if you don't set the hook as you should with circle hooks.

5. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Spiderwire Or Power Pro

6. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have used spiderwire, cajun red, and even P-line and all worked great for me.