Best fishing day of my life, no pictures

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    man i really need a camera. but today was the funnest day fishing in my life. thereis a storage place with a small pond on it . well there were only blue gills inthere about 3 years ago. but i started puting channels and bass in there. well , i got to enjoy my hard work. i went fishing for bait . and i only landed 4 gills. so i went deeper with my bobber. and i found that catfish. 3 broke my line. 2 or 3 went 6 to 10 pounds. but i must have landed 3 dozen channels. most were this years off spring i think. 12 inches to 14 inches. but still at least 3 dozen. all i had was crappie hooks and light old line. i realsed everything . oh also landed a 3 pound bass..... iwas going out tonight , but i think i will save my bait for another day. man i love fishing ... ....

2. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    sounds like alot of fun. I like to catch fish on light tackle.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    great job,theres nothing like fishing.

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Hehe...Sounded fun. I'm happy for ya on the hand stocking deal. Sounds like you got a good investment going there.

5. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    my son landed is first 6 catfish ever. i think i was more excited then he was . i ran out of bait earlier . so went home grabed the old lady and boy. hes 5 . little guy was running 2 poles like a pro. catching fish on both. nothing like watching his little eyes light up. good day.

6. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    WTG, nice fish!

7. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    !!WAY COOL!! You won't need a camera to remember the look on your son's face.

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Mike, just toss one of those disposable cameras into your tackle box just in case. Just take multiple pics so you are sure to get one good one. One other note, stand as close to the camera as you can 3ft or so. If you get farther away than that with one of those cameras you and the fish will look small lol.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    CAMERA CAMERA CAMERA yup you need a camera.Hey maybe Santa will bring you one this year.Love to see the little one all lit up.....

10. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree with Sman on the disposable camera. I used to keep a digital in the car but the heat fried it. Although I should take my own advice.....:big_smile: Glad you had a great day fishing.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    man, sounds like a winner of a day! i would have kept a few of the runts for dinner though.

12. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    glad to hear the kids are loving catfishing.
    chip

13. 813Fishing

813Fishing New Member

State:
    Floirda
    Thats awesome,def take some pics next time

14. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    i need to get another disposable camera im gonna keep this one in a ziploc bag my last one had 18 pics on it and got wet in my tackle bag and ruined the film.

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like a great time!!!Its great watching the young'ins catching their first fish!!!

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That no camera things sucks, my PB flathead came when I didnt hae a camera within 10 miles...:crazy: