Best fighting catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by adam j, Nov 23, 2006.

1. adam j

adam j New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hello to everyone.

Pound for pound what catfish puts up the best fight?
    I'm talking between our big three. Ive never caught a blue so i dont know and i've never caught a really large channel to compare to flatheads. Also do you think river fish fight better than lake fish. I've had some channels surprise me. Course, with a really large fish you just cant move it!

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I think small Blues put up a better fight than small Flatheads-BUT big Flatheads fight better than big Blues to me.Blues roll alot,the Flatheads hug the bottom.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I definitely think a big channel will give you a run for your money. I have caught big flathead though that have about pulled me in the water!

4. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
  5. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Channel cats go all over the place when hooked and can put on a good display. Blues are bulldogs, I've had them take good long runs or bull it out going deep. Haven't caught a large enough flathead to tell. My preference is for the one that winds up on my stringer right now, that's the one that fights best, no matter if blue, channel, flathead, or bullhead.

6. adam j

adam j New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the welcome and the replies, and thanks for the previous thread c4 ka boom

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC adam j.

8. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    If you dont think flatheads put up the best fight then you havent caught one 20+ lbs, thats just my opinion

9. nathan8372

nathan8372 New Member

State:
    South Texas
    Flatheads, im my opinoin, are the best fighters, power and weight is on their side!

There is a post in 'all catfishing' about your fight question.

Nathan

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I think I have to say flathead. However, I have only caught them in the Ohio River. I have had some pretty good battles with 10 pound channels in the lakes around me.

11. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I would have to compare my 23lb flathead to my 29lb blue cat, and can honestly say the flathead has much more brute strength and fights harder. But thats just my opinion.

12. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    big flatheads in my opinion fight harder than a big blue or channel

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I can say is if he's big enough I found out the hard way don't fight him! Let him wear himself out.Any other way he'll snap your line and if big enough he can snap your pole!:sad2:

14. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think it would go to the blue or flathead. the flatheads i have caught were in rivers with debris and stickups in them, and the blues were in deep reservoirs most of the time. i think any cat that leaves your knees knocking at the end of the fight is a good candidate. another thing to consider is the channel cat's size. if you were hitting 60 or 70 pound channels, i bet they would give either of the other two a run for their money.

15. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if people could catch 20+lb channel cats regularly then everybody would say the channel fights the hardest.They can roll like a blue, burn line like a striper, and bulldog under the boat like a flathead.

16. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Channel cats outfight any fish there own weight . Hope Eggman don't read that, but it's true. But once you start talking about big fish then top honors easily go to a big river flathead.

17. catfish1516

catfish1516 New Member

State:
    Reidsville ,North Carolina
    I would have to say that a big ol blue fights more, them things can massive

18. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    my vote would be for blues. but flats pull pretty hard too. channels seem weak

19. cat-chaser

cat-chaser New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know,guys.I've caught a few 15lb+ channels & they do a lot more running than the others.I've even had em jump before.Big flats & blues mostly bulldog.