best fight of my life

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by dragon86, Jun 16, 2008.

1. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    i went fishing at rend lake this weekend had 3 days off. so i figured i would take a buddy of mine fishing in my cusions boat since hes shiping off this week. we were out on the lake for about 3 hrs with no luck so we tried fishing on the rocks at guncreek and caught a few. while we were out there i got hung on the rocks with 65lb. test on my pole so my buddy said "you must have a 100lb. blue with the line your using" joking around. well after i got it unhung i cast back out and did the same thing so i say "guess this ones 200lbs. then". right after i felt it get unhung my drag goes off. my lines going back and forth. the boats going side to side with every one moving had 2 other people with us. so i thought i had the bigest fish of my life. im yelling get a net and camra its a big one. drags still going and i'm a reeling. boats a shaking lines still going back and forth. finnaly get it up to the boat and my friend goes its a turtle so he nets it. come to find out its about a 15lb. rock first time anyone in the boat had seen a rock hooked and reeled into a boat. but that rock put up one big fight and i got enbrassed beyond belife.

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rock Kat ????????????? :smile2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Steve thanks for sharing as exciting story. Don't give up. Everything will be down hill from here.

4. dragon86

dragon86 New Member

State:
    west frankfort illinios
    if i every catch that rock again i'll be sure to get pics of it. lol. had a camra with us but got a little to aggravited to take a picture with it.

5. leutherv

leutherv New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was fishing on Braidwood and snagged a flat rock. Had me going for about 5 minutes. I would just about get it to were I could look down and see what it was and it would get caught in the current and go back down again. I was starting to think it was either a big snapping turtle, or a very stuborn catfish. I had a good laugh with myself. Thank goodness there wasn't anybody else in the boat with me.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a classic battle, thanks for sharing with us. We all enjoy your sportsmanship