best fight in history?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jul 13, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well this guy (don frye) was my favorite fighter in years past.

check out this blow fest. awesome battle.:crazy:

[youtubevid]wgAp0jcpYYc[/youtubevid]

:eek:oooh:

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    first is big daddy gary goodridge. watch #4 after the huge blonde guy. don fry tko's a 400lb bare nuckle fighter in less than 6 seconds. john macarthy said lets get it on. fry threw a few fight over.

[youtubevid]CkYAL4KhKeQ[/youtubevid]

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my man chuck. vintage ring fight.

[youtubevid]OCkpraLJKhA[/youtubevid]

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Best fight I ever saw was Ali ,Frazier 1. paid big bucks to watch it on the big screen.Iam tellin you it was two gladeators!
    smokey

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    [youtubevid]MgpDvOUzubc[/youtubevid]

highlights for ya.

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have read about the fight between Waldemar Santana and Helio Gracie. It is regarded as the longest (3 hours and 45 minutes) and possibly best fight ever. Santana outweighed Helio by quite a bit and he was much younger. The fight lasted until Gracie passed out from exhaustion!

In recent times though, I would say that the Diaz/Gomi fight is a big favorite for me!

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    UFC is touting Griffin vs. Bonner as their biggest fight. They say it helped put them on the map as far as mainstream fight fans. I was already a fan before it became ZUffa or whatever. Best fight ever is hard to come up with. I dont know.

ONe of my favs though was a 5'10", 180lb karate guy against a 6'8" maybe 10" 680 pound sumo sack. THe little guy came out and knife hand chopped him in the face, on his butt he goes and like a pendulum the little guy rains down blows. He broke his hand on his head but the big guy tapped out. At post fight interview biggie was almost crying talking about how he'd never really been hit that hard, especially in the face. I think big guys name was Yarbrough? I think that fight shows its not size but training that matters most. This was in the early days of UFC where there were no weight classes and it was a winner moves to the next round, back when Kimo, Shamrock, Royce Gracie and others were in their prime.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    not sure but I think that the "little guy" you are reffering to is Keith Hackney. He was one of the early UFC brawlers. he had a fight in which he broke his hand while punching a big guy in face, head and every where else.

9. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Yep thats him, bigguns name was emmanuel yarborough or something like that. I laugh so hard when little beats up big.

10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I think my favorite fight was between Popeye and
    Bluto. Popeye's arm was spinning like a propeller when he knocked Bluto out. It was a
    one punch knockout! Short but sweet.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    [youtubevid]gc5YjeZmNpw[/youtubevid]

12. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    I tried to rep ya, but they said I had to spread it around. The predator was my favorite fighter too. I worked with Don for a season at an air tanker base. We were mixing the fire retardant to put in the planes. Never knew then he was into martial arts. Always had a smile on.

Right before he fought Tank I saw him in a sports bar promoting his fight and had my buddy take some video of us. I'll try to get it out of storage and convert it to digital, this was in the early 90's when the UFC was born and I have all the first UFC's on VHS.

Taped them right off the payperviews. I still remember the first fight of the first UFC when the little guy kicked the tooth right out of the big guys mouth. I was hooked then as were half the apartment complex I lived in and every UFC we'd watch them at my place.

We use to have our own little UFC's on the lawn by the pool. Poor Sean got his two front teeth knocked clean out of his mouth.

Thanks for posting that pride fight. Brings back the good ol days....heheh