Best Electric Knife?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by pincheweddo, Apr 2, 2007.

1. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Everybody!

I am considering an electrice knife purchase and I have heard do's and don'ts on what to get.

What brands have you had success with and do you prefer a DC or AC model? If AC how do you power it at the lake?

Look forward to hearing your responses.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The only one I have tried is the American Angler. So I don't know how it compares to others but it gets worked pretty hard and is going on it's 3rd year with no problems. It is dc powered and I keep a lawn mower battery on the toon just for fish cleaning. I also Have the same one that is Ac powered at home but it is rarely used. I have a magic chef knife sharpener that I use to re-sharpen the blades so I can get a lot of use out of each blade.

3. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I like the mister twister electric fisherman.

4. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Well Im on the 2nd. American Angler, the first lasted 6 years when the built in battery died, This new one has two replaceables.
    Have a great day.
    Walter

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I have 2 american angler one for ac volts and one for dc volts. Nice to have the dc so you dont bring the fish home not cleaned JMO. I dont have a good place to clean them at home either. They have lasted me about 4 years so far. hope this helps

6. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    I have the American Angler AC model. I think it is a great tool for fileting but there is one thing that I have found to be somewhat annoying and maybe dangerous. The trigger is located on the bottom of the knife and the release button for the blades is right on top. What you need to be careful of is that if you press down on the relase button at the same time you are fileting or the blades will pop out and you will have to reset them. Here is where you need to be careful. Make sure you unplug the knife before you reset the blades. It is too easy to press both the on trigger and the lock button at the same time. This could cause a pretty bad cut if your unlucky enough to turn the knife on while you reset the blades.

7. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas

Ouch! Fillet-o-finger may not be so tasty! Thanks for the tip. I would be the first fool to do it.:crazy:

8. pincheweddo

pincheweddo New Member

State:
    Texas
    Electric Knife = Depth Finders

Hmm. I work with it but it seems to me it would be somewhere else.