Best Deer Magazine

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by flathead willie, Dec 2, 2006.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    When I'm not hunting deer, I read everything I can find about them. I used to subscribe to several magazines and was an Outdoor Book Club member. However, I think the best on the market is North American Whitetail magazine. I've been a subscriber since it started and I have almost every issue since the first year. The pictures are awesome and they have some great stories and advice. What is your favorite?

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Peterson's Bowhunting is also a quality publication.

3. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    WV Fish & Game. The articles are mostly about places close by. They keep me updated on new laws, records, and local trophies.

4. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    North American Whitetail, great minds think alike.

5. jtr4324

jtr4324 New Member

State:
    virginia
    Once again I agree with Flathead Willie, North American Whitetail!!!!!!!! I even have a favorite issue its the June 1994 issue. Why you ask? Because I'm featured in it:cool2: "Trick or Treat Whitetail" My only claim to fame and it was so long ago but I rember it like it was yesterday. Flathead if you care to look back for that issue, it has Millo Hansen on the cover with the uno world record typical. Thanks for asking.

6. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have had just about all of them, and North American Trophy Whitetail is the one I prefer(been getting it about 12 yrs)It seemed to me the others repeat themselves alot! Just my 2cents.

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I must agree, it is a great mag. very informative, and outstanding writers!

8. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Over the years I have read them all......I only read one now. North American Whitetail.

9. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
  10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Another one I like pretty well is Deer & Deer Hunting. That one has a lot of articles by people who hold PHD's and Masters Degrees in the study of deer. I've learned a bunch reading their stuff.

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sounds like you've got the two best ones covered. I enjoy Deer & Deer Hunting, but sometimes I don't feel "edjikated" :tounge_out:enough to retain it all! But they have sure been a help with planting food plots, managing land, etc. I too read all during the "off season".