Best deals on depth finders

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by justwannano, Jul 31, 2008.

1. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I'm needing to replace my Humminbird depth finder.
    It probably died of old age.lol Its a TCR101.
    I don't need anything expensive. Ain't trying to impress anyone.
    Just something I can use on the local rivers which includes the Mississippi. Depth up to 60 feet or so.
    Water temp was nice on the old one. I didn't often use the fish finder but probably ought to get it with one anyway.
    I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. The old one just died from lack of use.
    So what and where do you guys recommend?
    have a good one
    just

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    These people always have one of the best deals. And there a sponsor of the board also.
    http://www.thenerds.net/index.php?page=esearch&action=Query&keyword=fishing&x=43&y=16
    Pete

3. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I too have been looking for a depth finder and hummingbird makes one for about a hundred bucks that you can get at walmart. They make another one around 150 i dont know the model number but the 150$ one people tell me that you can see your bait on it if you drop it below the boat. I dont know if its true but they arent getting paid to say it so it might be

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bob our local farm store sells eagle & hummingbirds for 100 bucks or so-the one on my boat aint to bad fer a cheapey-I have been learning to use it and I like it so you can get this way and want to peep give me a holler ....(LOL) bring your pole and leave your bait at home so it dont funk yer truck:wink:

5. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Thanks for the input guys
    I'm leaning toward the Humminbird Piranha max 220. It has dual beam ( larger footprint) and twice as much rms power and only $10. more money that the 210.
    May have to special order it though.
    Of course I first gotta come up with some spare cash.
    have a good one
    just

6. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    :0a23:

:0a17:

:0a20:

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I have a hummingbird 565 and i like it just fine for the missouri,it has the duel sonar which is supposed to be better and imo it shows underwater obsticals pretty well.I think i picked it up at basspro for $179.00 on sale.hope this helps and good luck shopping!:wink: