Best Days for Fishing in 2007

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Jun 17, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Best Days for Fishing in 2007
    When the Moon is between new and full:
    · January 1-3
    · January 18-February
    · February 17-March 3
    · March 18-April 2
    April 17-May 2
    · May 16-31
    · June 14-30
    · July 14-29
    · August 12-28
    · September 11-26
    · October 11-26
    · November 9-24
    · December 9-23
    The best times to fish are when the fish are naturally most active. The Sun, Moon, tides, and weather all influence fish activity. For example, fish tend to feed more at sunrise and sunset. During a full Moon, tides are higher than average and fish tend to feed more. However, most of us go fishing when we can get the time off, not because it is the best time. But there are best times, according to fishing lore:
    Best Times for Fishing
    · One hour before and one hour after high tides, and one hour before and one hour after low tides. Inland, the times for high tides correspond with the times when the Moon is due south. Low tides are halfway between high tides.
    · During the "morning rise" (after sunup for a spell) and the "evening rise" (just before sundown and the hour or so after).
    · When the barometer is steady or on the rise. (But even during stormy periods, the fish aren't going to give up feeding. The smart fisherman will find just the right bait.)
    · When there is a hatch of flies -- caddis flies or mayflies, commonly. (The fisherman will have to match his fly with the hatching flies or go fishless.)
    · When the breeze is from a westerly quarter rather than from the north or east.
    · When the water is still or rippled, rather than during a wind.
    Info taken from the farmer's almanac:

http://www.almanac.com/outdoors/bestfish.php

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    My bad,I left out a date...

January 18-February 2

I thought this was pretty cool. I also saw on another thread a real good time line day by day and hour by hour for the best fishing times.
    Real good info on this and the other thread!!!

3. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thats some good info, thanks John!!

4. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've heard most of those one time or another,but like you said I couldn,t get away and go fishing when the weather was just right.However the best days list gives me a better chance to schedule a fishing trip,durring a time of a "better bite".I'm sure as was included in your post thier are other factors to consider.I'll take all the help I can get to catch catfish:smile2:

5. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    wind from the west ,fish bite the best

wind from the east, fish bite the least

wind from the north, fishermen dare not go forth

wind from the south, fishings best without a doubt

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    So if the wind is out of the Soutwest,that is the best time to go fishing,right?LOL Thanks for that info.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I went this morning and caught several 'small' flatties. All were between 1-5lbs. They all hit on crawlers also.
    There just might be something to this. I'm gonna try again this evening. Its supposed to be pushing 100* today so its too hot! It was 81* at 9am something this morning! :crazy::lol:

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bringing this up for more to read...Good info here! :wink::big_smile:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bumping this back up...Good info!!! :wink::big_smile:

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

Wonder why we all aren't out fishing? Says it is good fishing until the 30th of this month.......... Perhaps it's the heat?

Thanks for the info!

Take care.
    Cheryl