Best day!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by freshbaitrules, Mar 23, 2009.

1. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Fished all weekend, downriver, upriver and decided as I was pulling out of the driveway this moring to stay upriver.

My dad and I hit the water out of Ann Carrows @ 7am and met two guys from the "shad project" who were pulling out. They said they had 6 hickory shad and one american pulled in from their net since 4am. Nice guys.

We got bait and headed down to a spot Keneth showed me yesterday and 10 minutes in my new rod(replacement for the one I lost Sat) went down so I handed it to my dad and he landed a 31.4, ten min. later another rod dipped and I got a 31.6. It sure made us forget about the cold wind a blow'n.

We hit a couple of other spots and got a 3 and a 28 pounder. After a while my dad pointed out a spot to try and as we set up for lunch a catfish decided he wanted to join us. My dad hooked up on a 44 pounder on my smallest rod and the fight was on. I was the most fun I had all weekend. It was'nt his PB (wich he got w/ Capt. Mike Ostrander) many years ago (46lb). It was however the biggest fish I have been able to put him on. All thanks to the knowlege gained from this site.

Thanks Brothers!

Wraped up the day w/ a 12 pounder my dad got. Fished 3 days in a row hard and this was the best day!

:smile2:​

Attached Files:

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Congrats to you and your dad Jeff. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures. What an enjoyment to see the smile on your dads face with the big blue. Reps to ya brother.

Tom

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    sounds like u & your dad had a great 3 day trip, spend all the time togegher that u can u will never regret it

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was wondering if you got on the fish today. Glad to see it worked out for you.

5. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report Jeff glad to see you and your dad had a great day.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day on the water, congrats

7. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    The smile on your Dad's face says it all...great job! There's lots of good karma coming your way for taking your Dad fishing! WTG.

8. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That is an outstanding fishing report, Jeff!

Enjoy those great times with your dad.

9. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Happy to see you and your dad had a great day on the water.:smile2:...Those are some nice looking cats:crazy::cool2:...Thanks for sharing.

10. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jeff the good days make up for the bad ones....:wink:

Enjoy the good ones for sure.
    david