BEST day I never fished!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went to the river today to give my wife and sister in law a sight seeing tour of the river. I put six rods on the boat, but decided to take them back in the house and not fish today. The water temperature was right at 53 degrees. As luck would have it, I marked MANY HUGE fish holding to structure in many of my favorite fishin' spots! :wink: Saw more BIG fish today than I have seen in a LONG time! I am still tinkering with the GPS part of my unit, and I marked numerous waypoints where I saw BIG fish holding. I may have to try to find someway to get back on the river tomorrow!! :wink::smile2::wink: We covered 17 miles today on about 8 or 9 gallons of fuel. It was a most excellent trip, as seeing all the fish in my holes, and some new holes was very encouraging!!! The river is still dropping rapidly, and the boat ramp was covered in mud about six inches deep. Having completely slick rear tires on my truck, when the ramp gets like that, I have to wash it down using 5 gallon buckets of water if I have any possibility of pulling my boat back out! :crazy::eek:oooh::crazy: Took abut 35 or 40 minutes of hard labor, but I got it clean. If anybody wants to fish tomorrow and share expenses, PM me.

BB in SC

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Go get em Bill ; )

3. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Get all the fishing in all this good weather, thanks bill for shareing that with us.:cool2::smile2::wink::smile2:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Never leave home without your rods!!!! Hope you get back out soon

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill go catch those marked fish and some more will have room to move in.:wink:

6. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Bill glad you had a good safe trip! I have found over the years that when Im out joy riding that I learn more and more about my fishfinder/gps. Those things have so many bells and whistles, it's hard to make myself study it while fishing, so I take the wife and kids out once a month for there joy ride, and I get to study my equipment. Win, Win! Good luck to ya on the new spots you found. I hope that I can get down there and catch a few with you someday.

Steve

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Man that is COOL Bill! You da man! That means you got half my plane ticket right? I'll be on the redeye, see you in the morning. Put the coffee on early.

WOO HOO!:smile2: