Best Crappie Lake

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by el_pescador, Mar 3, 2006.

1. el_pescador

el_pescador New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just wondering what people think is the best crappie lake in the nation. I know there are a lot of choices but I'm going to have to say that Pomona Lake, Perry Lake, both in Kansas and Truman Lake in missouri, are some quality ones. They are all near me so it works out good.

2. r_bray89

r_bray89 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    Yeah ill have to agree with you on the truman. I havent been to the other ones that were stated. But were i fish is good to that is the ozarks.

3. BigFlatty

BigFlatty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    this is just personal opinion, but i think grenada in mississippi, tons of slabs. sardis and enid also in ms. are both outstanding as well.

4. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Rathbun Lk. in Iowa looks good it doesnt have a limit.I seen it on Outdoors in the Heartland T.V.show.Mark Twain Lake also has alot of crappie

5. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I'll have to say grenada lake in MS. It's producing some over 3#s.

New slot and limit take effect alter this month, 12" and 15 limit

6. srjones

srjones New Member

State:
    midwest city, ok
    lake thunderbird in oklahoma is a good crappie lake. Usually when I take the boys out there we'll limit out in a hour or two

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, I have to go with Lake Eufaula in Oklahoma.

This lake has to be one of the BEST crappie fishin spots in the Nation.

8. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    They'd say Weiss Lake in east central Alabama. Lots of slabs, big numbers. Ramps full of out of state tags. It's a couple of hours from me and it's hard to pass by Wheeler and Guntersville to go there.

9. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I like Toledo Bend, you can catch a bunch, and some big uns to.

10. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I don't personally know but I always heard that Kentucky Lake was the tops in the nation. Always wanted to give it a shot maybe one of these days.

11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I hear alot of good thing about the Crappie & Clear Lake in California. :0a23:

Bert:cool:
    (Shaina)

12. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    Millwood Lake in Southwest Arkansas is always ranked in the top ten of the nation

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ive heard great things about Weiss lake and reelfoot in TN. Here in Ky we got plenty of great crappie lakes. Kentucky and Barkley lakes are awesome and Cumberland and Dale Hollow are overlooked and underestimated as great crappie lakes. Maybe not a bunch of numbers and the lakes are hard to fish, but for monster crappie they are hard to beat.

14. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    Here in ks I think perry,melvern,pomona,clinton, heck all of our reservoirs are excellent crappie fisheries, were really spoiled in NE KS

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Truman isn't anywhere near the crappie lake it used to be. Too much pressure and too few fish. I'm sure some of the better fishermen don't have any problem finding them, but I've come up dry the last several times out.

When I was a kid 20 years ago, we used to routinely limit on Truman - and not a bunch of 9"ers either -- genuine slabs. But those days are gone.

16. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Grenada in Mississippi is AWESOME for monster crappies!!!!!!!!! I have a friend who WEARS 'em out there and is actually thinking of doing how-to videos they catch 'em so often!!!!!!!!! HUGE crappie. Mark Twain Lake here in Missouri is dynamite as well. God bless.

17. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Forgot to mention 3 mile lake in Iowa. Caught more crappie there in one day than anywhere I've ever fished. Well over 300 in one day. Memorial Day weekend back in '98. And the bonus there is no limit on crappie!!!!!!!!! God bless.

18. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here In Indiana, Our Outdoor Magazine The (game And Fish), Says The Best Is Webster Lake, Followed By Sullivan And Waveland Lake. I Also Know West Boggs And Dogwood Lakes Are Also Great Crappie Lakes.

19. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I just read about Lake Eufala. Sounds like I need to pay it a visit when I turkey hunt there this spring!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

20. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Hard to argue with those three in Miss.Didn't the world record White come from Enid?The WR Black came from a personal favorite Kerr reservoir on the NC/Vir border.Santee used to be fantastic but has fallen off in recent years and I have seen more Weiss crappie at boat and fishing shows than any other lake.KY and Barkely are world famous fisheries and I'm sure each state has its own excellent fishery.I really expect to see one or both of those records fall soon.:)