Best channel catfish lakes in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by tlangdon9, May 6, 2007.

1. tlangdon9

tlangdon9 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Which are the best channel cat lakes in Arkansas? Can you bank fish from any of your choices?

2. catmando2

catmando2 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I personally like Lake Chicot in South Arkansas for good numbers of channel cats as it is in my neck of the woods so to say. Also Grand Lake in Eudora Arkansas, plus Lake Monticello in Monticello,Arkansas is a good bet this time of year. Practically any lake in South Arkansas has a good quantity of catchable channel cat's and some lakes have no limit on the number of small cat's that you can catch. While I always believe that catch and release is the way to go , especially on the large breeding size catfish, there are abundant numbers of eating size catfish to be caught by anglers in South Arkansas, plus most lakes have easy access and some have public fishing docks for anglers to use. You can always find this information on the Arkansas Game and fish Commission website or by getting an Arkansas tourism guide. I really hope this that this information helps you out.
    Catmando2

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    lake milwood in south ar, upper and lower sections have really good numbers.fish minnows 2 to 6 ft deep or chicken liver.keep moving till you find them.ps lots of fallen and standing timber lots of under water stumps.when you leave the marked channels go slow.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The Fish & Game folks must think that there aren't enough channels being harvested from Lake Chicot, because they took the limit off channels for that lake. Seems like a good place to go to restock the freezer; CPR the big ones.

5. NIMROD

NIMROD New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The best I've seen is Nimrod . We bait holes and fish them every summer. Dardanelle is another but it's better for Blues.:cool2:

6. hogeye12779

hogeye12779 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    In my opinion Peckerwood Lake just north of Stutguart is one of the best channel cat lakes if your looking for numbers. Mostly eating size cats with the occasional larger one. This is a reservoir and you do have to pay a launch fee.