Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys Gotta Question for all of you.

1. In your Opinion what is the best Channel Cat Lake in or around South Eastern Ohio, As far as Numbers, Size, And Bank Acess.

The Reason Im Asking is, Im trying to get My Family Members into Fishing, Kids and a couple Adults, And Weve been out a few times but only caught a few with NO Size what so ever. And I figured if I could take them and put them on a few Nice size Cats it could get them hooked. So any Info would be Greatly Appriciated.

Thanks

· Banned
700 Posts
SENECA Lake has a lotta channel cat's and good sizes also you can catch anywhere from 12 channel's to 10lb channel's and they will hit anything out there and any where ya pull over to fish they will be there that lake has so many channel cat's it's un real .....SNIPER

· Registered
1,104 Posts
I think numbers of channels are in most of our lakes........For bank access, I'd say Tappan Lake. As far as where to get the best average size???? That's very debatable. I do my best avg size at Clendening. However, I am now doing a way better average on Tappan, but that is because I have been out in the boat and learning the lake better. For me, it's a seasonal thing for my bank fishing success. In early spring I do best at tappan. may-june Clendening. summer at Salt Fork. Salt Fork is another lake that you can get good numbers and size of channels, but I always do my best there while fishing for flats.

· Registered
339 Posts
I like Tappan the best simply because there is good numbers of fish and ive caught some 10 lb + channels from there and as rockbass mentioned there is a ton of bank fishing spots.

Atwood can be great too BUT there is very little bank access there.

Clendening is a good lake too and there is quite a bit of bank access there and some big channels !!!

Salt Fork is good for average size of fish but i dont do as well for numbers !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.